What was for breakfast today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Juliev said:
buckytom said:
michelob ultra is a disgrace to beerdom!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i think i could drink about 100 of those.... i'll hold the keg of bass ale on my lap, so i can protect it (and hug it) the whole way. do you have passenger side airbags juliev? we don't want to dent the keg.....

yeah I think so...... crewsk, don't you drink mic ultra?... I know someone mentioned it once. I'll bring that and killians... oh...wait.... I'll bring the JD for crewsk.

Yes I do juliev! WOW this may as well just be an all day & night party!

you didn't think we were only staying for breakfast, didya crewsk???? lol. i'll be the irish guy that lives in your backyard all year (paddy o'furniture)

Well I was hoping ya'll would at least stay & help clean up! I think this grand event would be best held during late spring so we can have the back deck for some extra room! :LOL:

does tc and savannah like scary stories about monsters under their beds and in their closets?????

i did that to my sister once when i was visiting her in detroit. she couldn't get her kids to sleep for weeks. i fear the payback!!!!!!!!!!!

As a matter of fact not too much scares them(thank goodness)! My brother used to hide under my bed & jerk me under when I was trying to get in it at night. I finally learned to jump from my bedroom door onto the bed & he learned to stay out from under my bed when the wooden slats under the bed fell on top of him one night when I landed on the bed.

ronjohn55 said:
Well, if you're going to have beer for breakfast, why not a nice Oatmeal Stout?

And I agree about the Mic Ultra - BLECHHH!!!!

Little known fact, if you want a lower calorie beer, drink Guiness Draught!
It's an incredibly light beer, which is why it floats on top in a black and tan. It really doesn't deserve the motor oil reputation that it has (now that Oatmeal stout I mentioned, that's 10w40!).

Of course, if you can get it, some of the best mimosas are made with Maui Brut sparkling pineapple wine. I still have a few bottles at the house.

John

For me it has nothing to do with the calories or carbs. It is the first beer that I could ever stand to drink. But after about 2 or 3 of those I can drink other beer.

crewsk said:
For me it has nothing to do with the calories or carbs. It is the first beer that I could ever stand to drink. But after about 2 or 3 of those I can drink other beer.

No problem! Just having some fun. (I always enjoy piling on when it comes to the low carb beer craze!) I'm a big fan of Tequiza on a hot day after mowing the lawn, all beers have their place, just like wine.

The next time I gt down to South Carolina, I'll bring you a whole assortment of beers that might surprise you. There's a whole would of beers that don't taste anything like the mass produced american lagers made by the big brewers. Especially some of the stuff from Belgium, some of it doesn't even really taste like beer! If you ever get a chance to try one, grab a Lindeman's Frambois - it's like a raspberry sweet tart in a glass! (They also make Peach and Casis)

John

I know that everyone has diffrent taste so I don't take offense easily! :D

That would be great! I will try anything once, more if I like it! :LOL:

Lindeman's Frambois - it's like a raspberry sweet tart in a glass!
This sounds wonderful!!

ronjohn, belgian lambics, multi-bocks and frambois are great beers. is stella artois belgian? a good beer wherever it's from...

I do believe Stella Artois is indeed a Belgian beer, although I confess it's hardly ever the one of think of when I think of belgian beers (Granted, there are several thousand to pick from).

Two nice things about all this beer talk:

1 - My homebrew club meeting is tonight, so I already have beer on the brain

2 - With beer (after drinking all night), it ineveitably leads to breakfast (i.e. Denny's or Coneys or sliders) which is right back on topic!

How's THAT for a segway? 8)

John

Hey I found out what Bellinis are ..and they are like mimosas.. just made with peaches... just puree some peaches with some ice in a blender or processor.. put it in a long-stemmed glass and fill the rest with champagne. We can have those too crewsk at your breakfast thing.

I more than likely know what I'm having tomorrow morning.. cold pizza!!!!

luvs, take it easy, you glutton you, lol.

i had a carrot too, and an orange and about a half gallon of water, and a quart of milk. i was so thristy because someone (mr benny) left the heat on in the house at 78 degrees all night because the baby's room was a little cold...

I didn't have my pizza this morning, I was surprised. I had a craving for a bagel... just a plain one, but I toasted it and topped it with strawberry cream cheese.

Back
Top Bottom