What was for breakfast today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Toasted an English muffin and put jelly on one side, margarine on the other. Scrambed an egg in the skillet, downed a cup of orange juice, and enjoyed a few mugs of coffee. Mmmmm......

a granny smith apple, raw asparagus, and some veggie chips, a bag of sunchips, and a big pot of earl grey supreme.
lots o' work to do today, gotta hustle if i wanna hang here. feelin like riccochet rabbit after all that tea...

I only ever eat breakfast on the weekend. My fave hot fresh croissants and black espresso. ( always coffee :D )

Coffee. Lots and lots of Coffee.

Going to be one of those days again. If anyone needs me, I'll be climbing the clock tower...

John

Erik said:
I'm off today...so I'm going to make Steak and Egg bagel sandwiches for the family this morning!!!
wow, sounds good!! You have to do that on a day off, splurge alittle. I just had toast and peanut butter, coffee.

We had what is called Texas Brunch. I found the recipe in my Southern Living Our Best Five Star Recipes book. I did all the prep work last night & all I had to do this morning was throw it together. It turned out a lot better than I was expecting. Here it is:

Texas Brunch

3Tbsp. butter or margarine
3Tbsp. all purpose flour
2C. milk
2C.(8oz) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
6 hard cooked eggs, chopped
1/2C. mayonnaise
1/4tsp. salt
1/4tsp. hot sauce
1/8tsp. pepper
Quick Cornbread(recipe below)
8 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled
1/3C. chopped green onions

Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat; add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Gradually add milk, & cook over medium heat, stirring constanly, until thick & bubbly. Stir in 3/4C. shredded cheese & next 5 ingredients. Cook, stirring constantly, until cheese melts.

Cut Quick Cornbread into 6 pieces; remove from pan, & split each piece in half horizontally. Place 2 pieces each, cut sides up, on individual plates. Spoon egg mixture evenly over sliced cornbread. Top evenly with remaining 1 1/4C. shredded cheese. Sprinkle with crumbled bacon & chopped green onions. Yield: 6 servings.

Quick Cornbread(I made this part last night & reheated it this morning.)

2/3C. yellow cornmeal
2/3C. all purpose flour
1Tbsp. sugar
1tsp. baking powder
1/2tsp. baking soda
1/2tsp. salt
1/4tsp. ground red pepper
1 large egg, lightly beaten
2Tbsp. shortening, melted
2Tbsp. milk
1(8 oz.)carton sour cream

Combine first 7 ingredients in a medium bowl; stir well. Make a ell in the center of mixture. Combine egg & remaining 3 ingredients; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Spoon batter into a greased 8 inch square pan. Bake at 425F for 15 minutes or until golden. Yield: 6 servings.

Ya know what I have had a craving for lately? Croissants (sp?).. I warm them just alittle.. yummm.. a local place makes them covered with a maple glaze too..

SierraCook said:
I love chocolate filled croissants, but I have not had one for eons!! I try to avoid them. But I agree one with a large cup of coffee sounds yummy.
yeah, but plain croissants can be bad for you, can they.. not if you have them just once in awhile.

Back
Top Bottom