What was for breakfast today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm trying another new one in the morning! This one is from Better Homes & Gardens New Cookbook. I'm going to put it together before I go to bed tonight.

Farmer's Casserole
Prep: 25 min.
Bake: 40 min.
Oven: 350F
Stand: 5 min.
Makes: 6 servings

Nonstick cooking spray
3C. frozen shredded hash browns
3/4C. shredded monterey jack cheese w/ jalapenos of shredded cheddar cheese
1C. diced cooked ham or Canadian bacon
1/4C. sliced green onions(2)
4 beaten eggs or 1C. refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed
1 1/2C. milk or 1 12 oz. can evaporated milk or evaporated fat-free milk
1/8tsp. salt
1/8tsp. black pepper

1- Coat a 2 quart square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange potatoes evenly over bottom of dish. Sprinkle with cheese, ham, & green onions.

2- In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, salt, & pepper. Pour egg mixture over potato mixture.

3- Bake, uncovered, in a 350F oven 40-45 minuted or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

For 12 Servings: Prepare as above except double all ingredients & use a 3 quart rectangular baking dish. Bake uncovered 45-55 minutes.

To Make-Ahead: Prepare as above through step 2. Cover & chill up to 24 hours. Bake uncovered at 350F for 50-55 minutes.

The Farmer's Casserole went over very well with hubby & the kids this morning. The next time I make it I'm going to try Erik's suggestion down in the Eggs, Cheese, Dairy & use sausage instead of ham.

toast with peanut butter (surprising, eh sarah? :LOL: ) And V8 juice.. not a likely combination, but I love the stuff.

I had wonderfull espresso that was black as the darkest midnight along with some cheese croissants!

I fixed a recipe that I posted in the Bread section several days ago..........Orange Pancakes. They were really good too. As far as the sauce though I didn't like the consistency when cooking it so I thickened it up with some powder sugar. I topped the pancakes off with the orange sauce and some chopped pecans. I attempted to whip up some fresh whipped cream but it was a total flop. Tried 2 different methods that I thought might work..........no recipe..........huge mistake... :LOL: But I was racing against the clock because I wanted to fix them but had to hurry because I had to go to work. But I do recommend them but like I said I'd suggest thickening the sauce and as far as the batter I added just a little more Bisquick to thicken the batter up a little more. They'd been even better with the fresh whipped cream and then topped with the chopped pecans.

4 hershey's kisses and 4 cubes of cadbury wholenut....healthy breakfast,yeah?

I'm addicted to Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds. I have it with 1% milk every morning for more than a year now.

wasabi said:
I'm addicted to Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds. I have it with 1% milk every morning for more than a year now.

That's one of my favorite cereals, too! :) I especially love it with strawberries or nectarines when they're in season. (I just don't like the dried fruit they put in the cereals now).

Since you eat it every day, we won't make you post what you had for breakfast all the time. We'll just assume it's a ditto unless you tell us otherwise! ;)

Back
Top Bottom