What's cookin' for the 4th of July weekend?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lol, that sounds like weather in the mountains, the way high and low pressure systems bounce off geographic features.

we're supposed to get 3 to 4 days of 98 degrees and bright sunshine this week, and i have more weeding to do. :( i guess it'll be in a turtleneck sweater, lol. i'll be stylin' in it, until i pass out.
i hope i don't crush any plants.

We started out day with red white and blue pancakes. The pancakes (white) had blueberries and cherries that I dried the night before. There was also sausage and bacon along with honeydew and cantaloupe.

We then spent the day in the pool and playing bocci and croquet.

Dinner was lamb kabobs with hummas and watermelon.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 156
Sounds wonderful, GB.

Nothing fancy here... hot dogs with pasta salad. This was my dinner. I love cucumber and mustard with my dogs. The pasta salad had diced ham, tomato, celery and cheese.

img_906707_0_c83428758a75adf0451d4bb37128c007.jpg

img_906707_1_9be60542b71fe8ba99b8e0f5c8a8520b.jpg

I did 15 hand tossed pizza's with dough that was mixed Friday. My list of toppings included
Pancetta, prosciutto, roasted peppers, pepperoni, mushrooms, pizza sauce, onions, kalamata olives, asparagus, roasted fennel, Italian sausage, sopressata, feta, San Marzano plum tomatoes, shrimp, fresh herbs, several Italian cheeses, artichoke hearts and hearts of palm.
The biggest hit of the night was Paulie Gee's NY pizza http://slice.seriouseats.com/archives/2010/05/top-this-how-to-make-a-braised-fennel-pizza-a-la-paulie-gees-anise-and-anephew-pie.html
This pie is amazing. I swapped pancetta for the guanciale. It was good without the sauce, but with the sauce it was heaven...and according to several people there the anisette sauce would be good on just about anything;)

Dinner on July 4th

We spent the weekend on the boat docked where we would have "rockstar" seating for viewing fireworks. Dinner was lean buffalo burgers cooked on the boat's gas grill. Frank topped his with feta, tomato, and onion and a bit of balsamic vinegarette. Mine was simply mustard with tomato and onion. We also had grill roasted ears of corn. For dessert, we had s'mores.

From our anchorage, there were so many firework displays on the shore that we could not keep up with all of them. It was an awesome day!

~Kathleen

Back
Top Bottom