"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 04-14-2006, 04:48 PM   #1
Master Chef
What's cookin, Friday the 14th??

I'm having toast and some steamed veggies, carrots, asparagus, eggplant and artichoke hearts. BTW, if you cut up an eggplant, how long will it last? Should I cook it all and refrigerate or should I just cut half to steam and leave the other half in the frig for the next time?

texasgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 05:34 PM   #2
Master Chef
Our local "super" Wal-Mart has a pretty good seafood department, & tonight we're having a mixed "seafood platter" of some of the prepared items they sell. They're not made in-house, & I have to admit, are extremely good.

We'll have one apiece of Lobster Cakes, Stuffed Crabs, & Coquille St. Jacques. The Coquilles, in their natural scallop shells, are particularly good. Chock full of bay (or perhaps Calico) scallops in a nice thick cream sauce. And all of the above are $1 & change apiece. More than reasonable for the quality. Who would have thought?

Will just heat & serve with lemon wedges & hot pepper sauce on the side, & a green salad.

BreezyCooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 06:03 PM   #3
Master Chef
i had a soy chicken pattie & gnocci in a garlic parmesan sauce with black pepper & an extra sprinkling of parmesan.
i believe that life would not be complete sans comfy 'ol tee-shirts, the Golden Girls, and the color pink
& rock on, PITTSBURGH-
luvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 06:27 PM   #4
Master Chef
I put a half a large pork loin in my oval crock pot at noon, with the ubiquitous dry onion soup mix and a can of cream of mushroom soup. I've had it turned off for a while, as it is falling apart tender, and sitting in it's own gravy. It has the whole house smelling good!
My yard man found one nice morel mushroom (probably came out of the mulch) in my perennial bed, and instead of leaving it to spread it's spores, he picked it and brought in in to me. Kim picked a bunch of fresh asparagus last night, so I will probably braise all in chicken broth. Kim's promised mashed potatoes to go with.
There is enough for sandwiches tomorrow night, and another dish as well. Since we have so much, I'm tempted to simmer a little in with a can of sauerkraut for my lunch one day.
Have you ever tried Bush's Bavarian Style Sauerkreaut? It's delicious! I always bought the same old kind in a jar, but my daughter was doing my shopping, and that's what she brought home.
You can teach an old dog new tricks.
We get by with a little help from our friends
Constance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 06:38 PM   #5
Executive Chef
We had grilled steak, corn on the cob and zuchinni and tomatoes.
Be an organ donor; give your heart to Jesus.
Exercise daily; walk with the Lord.
licia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 06:40 PM   #6
Head Chef
I fixed buckytom's reccomendation for the sashimi salad with ubon noodles, posted under the salad section. It was a big hit. I dressed some baby spinach in red wine vinegar and olive oil. Then topped with ubon noodles with a little sauce (fish sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar, ginger, little sugar, and water) Topped the noodles with tuna sashimi and then toasted sesame seeds. Served the sauce in a bowl on the side so you could add as much as you want.
Go Sooners
abjcooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 07:13 PM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Tomato soup and toast.
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. Robert Frost
pdswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 07:18 PM   #8
Head Chef
We had mashed buttermilk marinated fried chicken, Yukon Gold mashed tators, and corn. Yum....
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 07:39 PM   #9
Sous Chef
Send a message via Yahoo to Erik
Roasted beef tenderloin, with a mushroom peppercorn sauce, and roasted veggies.
Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 08:07 PM   #10
Senior Cook
Send a message via AIM to bluespanishsky
three cheese tortalini

bluespanishsky is offline   Reply With Quote