What's cookin good lookin? Fri.9/25/15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Steve really liked the Poppers, and thankfully I got the only one that was really hot, needing a milk chaser. This opens up a whole new world of ideas for other kinds of stuffed peppers based on cream cheese and bacon..thinking shrimp may be included..hmmm...

Poppers are evil things. :chef: :ohmy: it is easy to get addicted to them.

We had leftover rotini with Italian sausage, onions, bell peppers, zucchini and jarred spaghetti sauce, jazzed up with Italian seasonings and served with garlic Texas toast. Good stuff on a cool fall evening.

Forgot my pic.

Attachments

• 1443237617828.jpg
    1443237617828.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 160
Finished the last of yesterday's Jo-Jo potatoes along with a few pieces of broasted chicken, and I sauteed some fresh zucchini as our veggie. And I made a salad! I think I hadn't had a chance to make one all week, and we missed them.

This interests me, Tenspeed!
I'll post the peanut butter noodle recipe later today, unless someone tells me otherwise. It's something I cobbled together years ago from a few different recipes, so I don't think I'm violating any copyrights. I did a quick search, and didn't find anything quite like mine, which only has ingredients I normally have in the house.

Chicken is pretty easy. Boneless chicken breasts, each cut into 3 or 4 strips to make it easy to grill. Marinade is a 3:2:1 mix of vegetable oil, soy sauce, and lemon juice, along with some minced garlic and a light dash of red pepper flakes (optional). I keep the marinade on the light side, just enough to coat the chicken when I roll it around on the plate. The oil keeps the chicken moist. I eyeball the quantities, and usually go light on the reduced sodium soy, as we don't like things very salty.

Back
Top Bottom