What's cookin' on Sunday, April 1st?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Roast chicken (a teeny little 12 lber!!), roasted root veggies, steamed broccoli, and I haven't decided on salad yet. Either a committee or a caesar salad. Mmmmmm, chicky is smelling fantastic right now.

DH and the kids and grandkids need to fend for them selves,,Food right now is bleah!!! Even the thought of cooking it and smelling it makes my tummy roll..So I'm going back to bed that's it...
kadesma

I was going to make chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, and green beans last night but we ended up going to the movies and I didn't have time to make it. So I made it for lunch today and it was so yummy. I not sure about dinner. Still full from lunch. :)

I made DH's favorite.......BBQ Ribs. Also, a batch of creamy coleslaw, buttered corn and baked potatoes with butter and sourcream.

I am making a variation of a Martin Yan recipe called Tropical Beef, only mine will need to be called Tropical Pork. I am serving it with pineapple carrot brown rice and steamed Asian style vegetables.

Gotta go now. The rice is percolating away in the rice cooker as it also steams the vegetables, and I need to start the stirfry.

corazon said:
Sierra, where've you been? Or did I miss something?

Don't know what's for dinner. Have a loooong rehearsal tonight that is done at 8. Maybe I'll grab something in town.

Thanks for asking and you have not missed a thing. I have been busy lately with work and other hobbies, etc. I have tried to break my habit of sitting in front of the computer for hours on end. I have also been doing a some spring housecleaning.

For dinner I had the Chinese pepper steak and have leftovers for lunch tomorrow and another meal. :)

SierraCook said:

Thanks for asking and you have not missed a thing. I have been busy lately with work and other hobbies, etc. I have tried to break my habit of sitting in front of the computer for hours on end. I have also been doing a some spring housecleaning.

For dinner I had the Chinese pepper steak and have leftovers for lunch tomorrow and another meal. :)
Well don't break that habit completly SC..We look forward to chatting with you..

kadesma

We had some FABULOUS sea scallops last night!!! I got them from our Amissville, VA's, infamous "Epicurious Cow" orgainic/gourmet shop. They were so large, that just 6 of them were 1-1/4 pounds!!!

I sprinkled them lightly with some Cajun seasoning, & then seared them for about 3-4 minutes per side (they were the size of hockey pucks & a good 2" thick) in extra-virgin olive oil, finishing with a splash of dry white wine & fresh lemon juice.

Served them on a bed of artisinal black-pepper fettucini with a green salad on the side. DELICIOUS!!!

We had pan seared Ribeye in cherry coke seasoning (sounds bizzare, but truly, it is not) with herbed mashed potato cassarole and a spring pasta salad. Wanted a good wine, but alas, had none, so we drank iced tea with mangos...just as delightful.

Back
Top Bottom