What's for dinner Sunday, September 3, 2023?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm having postdrome from yesterday's migraine, so we ordered out again. We shared a pork gyro platter (salad, rice pilaf, Greek roast potatoes) and two chicken pita for DH. Then we had some loukoumades for dessert. Those were interesting. They are sort of a yeast donut, but as a small ball. They have a honey syrup and I liked them. DH thought they were a little better than okay.

Kanom Jin Nam Ya
Thai Fish Curry with Noodles 🫠

IMG_0292.jpeg

Cook’s notes:

After doing some deep research on this classic street food dish, I discovered that the very considerable trend is to use Thai fishballs in place of flaky white fish. I therefore bought some Thai fishballs from the exciting new Asian grocery that I found in my new neighbourhood.
The result was desperately disappointing - there was no fish taste at all and the dumplings were basically just a ball of chewy dough.
Definitely back to some delicious red snapper for this one.

The coconut soup was amazing, probably my best (I haven’t made this for a long while). We just both agreed that the dumplings brought nothing to the plate at all. Sad really. But I so love this dish that as I was making it, I wondered to myself why I let this one slip from my attention, with a little careful tweaking to the recipe, this will be a beautiful powerhouse dish in my repertoire 🫠

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom