What's Cookin' Tues. Nov. 22nd???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Take some of the beef, potato, onion and even the carrot from your dinner. Chop it up and fry it in a cast iron skillet with a little oil or butter. When it is hot and browned serve it with a couple of FRESH eggs, some Texas toast and plenty of catsup or ketchup depending on where you live. :pig:

So the chopped and fried ingredients in themselves are/is hash? There's no sauce or anything mixed in? Maybe I have made hash :LOL:

Thanks.

pacanis said:
So the chopped and fried ingredients in themselves are/is hash? There's no sauce or anything mixed in? Maybe I have made hash :LOL:

Thanks.

Grab a can of corned beef hash. Check out the ingredients. I used to love the stuff as a kid, would "cook" it with my grandparents. Hormel, ha! I remembered! Would bet your stew would make a lovely hash!

Finished off the last of the roasted veg quinoa soup, with a vanishing oatmeal bar.

Last edited:
Pacanis-- You can mix in a little gravy. I prefer my hash on the drier side, so not as much gravy is mixed in mine. Like if you were making fried potatoes or hashbrowns, except with Meat in it. Besides, I'd rather use the gravy for some other leftovers, like stew or a hot roast beef sandwich. Chopped Potatoes, beef, onion are the main components I like. Saute up some onion if it wasn't part of the original. I think I saw some garlic in your pictures, so one or two those would go good in this. Heat a combo oil and butter in a pan. Put in the mix and pat it out flat. Let it cook on med heat until it is brown underside. Flip it and do the same again. I usually puncture a couple "gashes" in the top after the flip, again, because this allows the excess steam to escape. I do the same with hashbrowns. You don't want a dry /tasteless hash though. Cook until both sides are crispy and the center is heated and just moist. One of my fave's is to include some chopped carrots in the hash. It does provide an extra level of sweetness that is otherwise missing. When I make a pot roast, I usually use a whole bunch of carrots, Love roasted carrots.

I serve eggs on the side if it's for breakfast. And this makes a terrific supper. Hardly need toast, except to sop up the dividends at the end. No Ketchup for me ;)

I made Salisbury steak for supper. With onions inside and extras on top, and sliced mushrooms. Made gravy with canned beef broth and a splash worster. Slow simmered. Served with Not Enough Mashed potatoes, no 2nds, drat, and green beans. I'm pretty sure I will live without the extra potatoes and there is just enough for lunch tomorrow. Yum.

Whiskadoodle said:
Pacanis-- You can mix in a little gravy. I prefer my hash on the drier side, so not as much gravy is mixed in mine. Like if you were making fried potatoes or hashbrowns, except with Meat in it. Besides, I'd rather use the gravy for some other leftovers, like stew or a hot roast beef sandwich. Chopped Potatoes, beef, onion are the main components I like. Saute up some onion if it wasn't part of the original. I think I saw some garlic in your pictures, so one or two those would go good in this. Heat a combo oil and butter in a pan. Put in the mix and pat it out flat. Let it cook on med heat until it is brown underside. Flip it and do the same again. I usually puncture a couple "gashes" in the top after the flip, again, because this allows the excess steam to escape. I do the same with hashbrowns. You don't want a dry /tasteless hash though. Cook until both sides are crispy and the center is heated and just moist. One of my fave's is to include some chopped carrots in the hash. It does provide an extra level of sweetness that is otherwise missing. When I make a pot roast, I usually use a whole bunch of carrots, Love roasted carrots.

I serve eggs on the side if it's for breakfast. And this makes a terrific supper. Hardly need toast, except to sop up the dividends at the end. No Ketchup for me ;)

My mouth is watering, Whiskadoodle! Love roasted carrots too!

macaroni and cheese with hotdogs and some kind of veggie thrown in.

img_1074956_0_bb4fa6abf69516bfaac5292fbc5c1433.jpg

img_1074956_1_e1b7099f32f86e4756e140c48c573487.jpg

my wife made a beautiful garlic roasted chicken, fluffy mashed potatoes, fresh cranberry sauce, and sweet corn.

after recent events at home and work, i just could not get to sleep this morning, but finally fell asleep this sfternoon through dinner.
so as not to miss out, i deftly sliced the rest of the chicken and put it in a container with the spuds, corn, and cranberry sauce.

i just got into work and realized it all sits in the fridge at home... :neutral:

buckytom said:
my wife made a beautiful garlic roasted chicken, fluffy mashed potatoes, fresh cranberry sauce, and sweet corn.

after recent events at home and work, i just could not get to sleep this morning, but finally fell asleep this sfternoon through dinner.
so as not to miss out, i deftly sliced the rest of the chicken and put it in a container with the spuds, corn, and cranberry sauce.

i just got into work and realized it all sits in the fridge at home... :neutral:

So glad someone else does that too, BT....

VB, you make mac n cheese look good! (and I hate mac n cheese).

Picked up some Vietnamese on the way home:

Quarter Roast Chicken, I LOVE it from this place. Nice and light with super crisp skin, and hints of ginger, basil and garlic. Served on a bed of glutinous rice.

Roast Pork Banh Mi: Roast Pork, cilantro, jalapeno, daikon, carrot ribbons, fish sauce and vinegar all on a nice crusty outside, gummy inside baguette.

Steamed Bun with Roast Pork

All for $9. Set for tomorrow too.

Picked up some Vietnamese on the way home:

Quarter Roast Chicken, I LOVE it from this place. Nice and light with super crisp skin, and hints of ginger, basil and garlic. Served on a bed of glutinous rice.

Roast Pork Banh Mi: Roast Pork, cilantro, jalapeno, daikon, carrot ribbons, fish sauce and vinegar all on a nice crusty outside, gummy inside baguette.

Steamed Bun with Roast Pork

All for $9. Set for tomorrow too.

9 bucks? wow!

oh man, now i want viet namese. a nice see-through shrimp spring roll would be nice right about now.

indian for me tonight. i'm not sure what yet, though. whatever the deshi deli has in it's hot table, with rice, marinated onions, and teeny, raw, super hot peppers.

you lnow, what they put in rocket fuel.

Back
Top Bottom