"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 01-30-2010, 06:52 PM   #21
Chef Extraordinaire
We are having mixed noodles, baked bbq'd pork chops. artichokes,avocado's stuffed with crab,celery and sliced green onions and mixed with a little mayo.
No dessert, have to make brioche bread pudding for tomorrow.

HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 07:55 PM   #22
Assistant Cook
I am running a new special tonight. Double R Ranch New York Steak with Wild Mushroom-Whiskey Demi Glace, Havarti Croquettes laced with Apple-Bacon & Chives, and a veg of grilled Asparagus, Glazed Delicata Squash & honey Spaghetti Squash.
The steak is a 14 oz NY from the PNW and we will grill it over Alder coals which gives it a nice smoky accent.

live, learn, laugh
theages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 08:10 PM   #23
Head Chef
So I tried to replicate the Batali dish he did on the Whitehouse episode of Iron Chef. Was a ravioli with a raw egg yoke in it.

Couldn't find a recipe on-line for the exact thing, but found the basic pasta with egg.

I managed to layer a lot of flavors.

The filling was a mash of sweet potatoes, that I boiled with a couple star anise, and then mixed with goat cheese. Of course, I had the egg yolk.

After boiling the ravioli, they went into a pan with browned sage butter, then they were topped with crisped spinach, a drizzle of truffle oil, some crisped pancetta and grated parm.

Every flavor came through, very distinct and they all played together, the egg yolk remained uncooked and was the real highlight.

But.....I do not have a pasta maker, and don't have the skills of an old world granny. So my pasta dough was too thick. Couldn't cook it as well as I wanted for fear of cooking the egg yolk. Was too doughy.

qmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 08:27 PM   #24
Master Chef
Site Moderator
Originally Posted by PattY1 View Post
It looks tasty Dave.

Thanks! I think it came out really good for not having a recipe.

DaveSoMD is offline   Reply With Quote