Whats cooking Saturday January 30, 2010?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We are having mixed noodles, baked bbq'd pork chops. artichokes,avocado's stuffed with crab,celery and sliced green onions and mixed with a little mayo.
No dessert, have to make brioche bread pudding for tomorrow.
kadesma

I am running a new special tonight. Double R Ranch New York Steak with Wild Mushroom-Whiskey Demi Glace, Havarti Croquettes laced with Apple-Bacon & Chives, and a veg of grilled Asparagus, Glazed Delicata Squash & honey Spaghetti Squash.
The steak is a 14 oz NY from the PNW and we will grill it over Alder coals which gives it a nice smoky accent.

So I tried to replicate the Batali dish he did on the Whitehouse episode of Iron Chef. Was a ravioli with a raw egg yoke in it.

Couldn't find a recipe on-line for the exact thing, but found the basic pasta with egg.

I managed to layer a lot of flavors.

The filling was a mash of sweet potatoes, that I boiled with a couple star anise, and then mixed with goat cheese. Of course, I had the egg yolk.

After boiling the ravioli, they went into a pan with browned sage butter, then they were topped with crisped spinach, a drizzle of truffle oil, some crisped pancetta and grated parm.

Every flavor came through, very distinct and they all played together, the egg yolk remained uncooked and was the real highlight.

But.....I do not have a pasta maker, and don't have the skills of an old world granny. So my pasta dough was too thick. Couldn't cook it as well as I wanted for fear of cooking the egg yolk. Was too doughy.

Rats.....:mad:

Back
Top Bottom