What's cooking Thursday November 5, 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
i have cheese steaks or lentil soup and cheese biscuits planned.

things can change at any time though.

whats cooking by you?

If it thaws in time, roast chicken. I still have no energy whatsoever so I figure tossing a birdie in the oven is pretty easy. It sucks HUGE to be sick on your days off.

Free form onion tart and smoky tomato soup with candied bacon. Both from Food and Wine. One of my favorite dinners!! Lots of free time today.

Tart is from May 2009. Soup and bacon I got from their weekly e-mails. Both would be on their website. Both are delicious!

If it thaws in time, roast chicken. I still have no energy whatsoever so I figure tossing a birdie in the oven is pretty easy. It sucks HUGE to be sick on your days off.
i wish i could send you some soup! feel better sweetie.

I had some sirloin roast left over. It is sliced and simmering in some taco seasonings, onions and red and green pepper strips for some fajitas. Should be ready soon.

Bloody Mary's
Then Breakfast...Eggs, Grits, Sausage/Bacon, Pear Preserves, Steen's Cane Syrup etc.
Miss UB's Lighter than air buttermilk biscuits...(They will float off the plate until you get a pat of butter on them);)
Blue Bell Vanilla Ice Cream later.......

Bloody Mary's
Then Breakfast...Eggs, Grits, Sausage/Bacon, Pear Preserves, Steen's Cane Syrup etc.
Miss UB's Lighter than air buttermilk biscuits...(They will float off the plate until you get a pat of butter on them);)
Blue Bell Vanilla Ice Cream later.......

Mmm... I want some grits! and bacon to use as a spoon for them!! :-p

Pasta shells stuffed with a sautee of butternut squash, sweet italian sausage, fennel and fresh herbs, and cubes of fresh mozzarella cheese..maybe a little bechamel sauce. Basically, my butternut squash lasagne stuffed into pasta shells :). And to go with it, rosemary focaccia bread.

Cheese steak - broiled flank steak on a sesame seed long roll with melted muenster and yellow american cheese (the others had muenster, provolone, swiss and american cheese on theirs), fried onions, mushrooms, red and green bell peppers.

img_860408_0_4610cbea0a9fe87a06e8eba5963ef634.jpg

img_860408_1_5308633d589c6d430fb71d50dad8c265.jpg

img_860408_2_681de1fe51f2d5ecaeef8b787a28e6ef.jpg

img_860408_3_94693fd6e7466438a5a02fc5aac73cb0.jpg

Cheese steak - broiled flank steak on a sesame seed long roll with melted muenster and yellow american cheese (the others had muenster, provolone, swiss and american cheese on theirs), fried onions, mushrooms, red and green bell peppers.

img_860417_0_94693fd6e7466438a5a02fc5aac73cb0.jpg

Yummy!

Ended up being an odd meal. Roast chicken, roasted root veggies with balsamic flavor, sparse little salad and a new rice mixture (red, brown and wild) done in broth and tossed with some toasted almonds and a bit of cheese. Just to kill the stupid germs in my body a couple glasses of wine. Mmmm.

Back
Top Bottom