"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 10-13-2009, 11:59 PM   #21
Master Chef

I browned pork chops in butter, then baked them with onion gravy. On the side was sliced potatoes and corn. No picture.. had to hurry to get out and get some groceries. Tomorrow my car is going in to be fixed............Lovely!

Old 10-14-2009, 12:02 AM   #22
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
Dinner 10/13/09:

Baked mini ziti with sun dried tomato and spinach served with baked romano and parmesan cheese chips.

YUMMMO! That looks delish...and I love your chips! Is the recipe on here?

Old 10-14-2009, 09:37 AM   #23
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Bean View Post
YUMMMO! That looks delish...and I love your chips! Is the recipe on here?
thank you vb!! no the chip recipe isn't on here.

this is a hard one. are you ready for the recipe? ok here goes.

grated romano and parmesan cheese and chopped fresh parsley mixed together. line sheet pan with parchment paper. place mounds of cheese mixture on paper about 1-2 inches apart. place pan into a 350F oven and bake about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and slightly brown. remove from oven and cool. while hot and soft you can mold if you want into curls.

so easy i had to play with you. enjoy sweetie. i hope you get your car back quick. i hated being without mine for a month.
Old 10-14-2009, 01:49 PM   #24
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevz View Post
trying something new: pizza with french bread as the crust, was going to have a salad or something to go with it but baby was hungry and husband will be home any minute
you are gonna love it!! i make french bread garlic bread then top and with cheese and make pizza.

Old 10-14-2009, 02:10 PM   #25
Master Chef

This week one of our local markets is having a sale on live Maine lobster - $6.99/pound! So, needless to say, I bought 4 of them - lol!! They were the small ones - aka "chicken" lobsters - just a bit over a pound each. I cooked up all four & we enjoyed one apiece last night with melted lemon butter & preceded by some baked clams. Today I'm going to pick the meat from the remaining two, & we'll enjoy them as "Lobster Rolls" for dinner tonight.