What's doin' for the 4th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ole Glory is flyin high as is the POW/MIA
Dinner'll be at friends around their pool, early, then fireworks at the Fairgrounds where we'll sit in our flatbed, drink tons-o-beverages/eat some nummies, then drive home and hopefully sleep...............

Happy 4th!
Quartz_Hill.gif

it's lookin kinda weird here too, may drop a few bits of rain on us later, dunno

Last edited:
RedKitty...a little bit off topic but last week there were festivities in the city/town next to ours and we went there because DH said there will be fireworks. I want my not-so-little-anymore doggie (Cooper) to experience fireworks. I brought some treats (leftover food from dinner) and put them in a smallist plastic bag after cutting them up really small (corn kernel size). When we reached the place, found a place to sit down, I was ready. The first boom came and DH and I held on tight to Cooper and I feed him his treat. Every bigger booms he get bigger treats until he settled down and watched the end of the fireworks with us. This week there were some who has early celebrations and fireworks and he can go outside the backyard like as if the fireworks doesn't exists. I did the same method with loud thunders during heavy thunderstorms and I only have to do it once. Now I am more scared of him being hit by a thunder out there than him scared of the big booms. Food, treats, works. Perhaps you should try it with your doggies.

Just got back from a lunch at a Cambodian friends home. Nearly all in attendance are Pol Pot survivors or their offspring. Right now I am thinking that the worst day I have ever had was better than their best day for years. All because some are willing to fight for others right to say and do stupid things. Then I hear of the protesters at the new citizen swearing in ceremony at Monticello today.

I just gotta say...

I am comfortably numb.....
:)

Happy 4th!!!!!!!

We're watching Nationwide race and fixing to go to bed, woohoo, don't know if I can handle the excitement!!:glare:

I just gotta say...

I am comfortably numb.....
:)

Happy 4th!!!!!!!

lol.

okay, okay, okay. is there anybody in there. just nod if you can hear me. is there anyone at home?

well, we grilled some chicken breasts and hot dogs; served with cole slaw and italian bread.
then raided the garden and ate raw swiss chard, snap peas, and cucumbers.
that was sort of a late lunch, really.

so, we did the american thing and got chinese/mexican take out around 10pm. seaweed soup, spicey chicken chow ho fun, mixed veggies with garlic sauce, brown rice, white rice, steak enchiladas, guacamole, and mexican rice.

god bless america!

Last edited:
Our 4th is the 4th-6th......moving a friend out of a house and into storage, an entire household. No real food, just whatever gets ordered. Once the dishes are packed, there is no cooking. I had a tomato slice on chipolte mayo and bread for breakfast, the salt and pepper is packed!:LOL:
I forgot the rules of moving.
1. something will get broken
2. if you need 40 boxes, buy 80, you miscalculated
3. if you think you need to haul 10 trips of furniture, you really need to haul 20 trips of furniture.
4. all those friends you helped move, will be busy that week you need to move.
5. once the beds and couches are moved, buy sleeping bags
6. *Most important* teenagers and young 20 year olds want cash! (wages for helping) (they cannot be bartered with household items like lamps and futons--they don't value it)
7. you shoulda coulda wish you woulda had a few rummage sales first.

Happy 4th of July! Saw fireworks being shot off over the truck and trailer loaded to go!:rolleyes:

ended up being a really nice day all around.
dh surprised me with shaving off his facial hair that has been growing due to him not being able to use his left arm to properly shave, so hasn't.
I forgot how pretty his face was.
friends had a wonderful meal, very simple and very tasty.
funny thing is, they have a new 7 month old Llama, Gizmo.
He and I are now best buds. He thinks I'm his mommy.:ohmy:
the fireworks were fun, a lot of drinking, a lot of swearing due [maybe in part] to all the constant alcohol ingesting, after a long day that wasn't all that hot thankfully, I was ready, more than ready to get home/relax/turn my brains off.

Back
Top Bottom