"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 07-04-2008, 09:23 AM   #31
Head Chef
We've got rain. Suppose to clear a bit by afternoon. Earl is going to move the Airstream out of it's shelter just in case. We are still go to go. Have fun VB in the city. Wish we could have something like that close. We are going to watch the fireworks next Sat over the Hudson.

elaine l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 11:33 AM   #32
Head Chef
Going to my brother's for supper at 4:30. We're all to bring our own meat to grill and a dish. I'm bringing mac n cheese corn casserole and a chocolate mousse pie, plus our chicken tenders and beer. Then, at 6 is the parade, and later on the fireworks!

Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 12:20 PM   #33
Master Chef
Well, VB... gonna chill a bit. Then make some potato salad. Need to make a batch of chicken stock, so I will do that. Grate some cheddar cheese and store that. For dinner, I have a bone in grass fed rib-eye for hubby and I to share. And I see I have some basil ripe so may whip up some pesto.... not sure what else. Still mulling it over!

Happy 4th everyone! Be safe!!!
sattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 12:33 PM   #34
Senior Cook
We will be having a barbeque at the deck tonight and perhaps watch the fireworks after. Tomorrow we will have an after-celebration with some neighbours.
Tucker's Mum aka Cooper's Mom

--Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
Cooper'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 12:42 PM   #35
Chef Extraordinaire
Site Moderator
Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Originally Posted by TATTRAT View Post

We are on f and 12th NW, and the event is on the roof top, looking right at the Washington Monument, so we couldn't ask for better seats for the show! I just hope the rain holds off...
I know the area well, TATT. I used to live at 21st and F, NW . Your view should be just about perfect. Have a great time.
"As a girl I had zero interest in the stove." - Julia Child
This is real inspiration. Look what Julia became!
Katie H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 12:57 PM   #36
The Dude Abides
Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
Thanks, Katie!

I am NOT looking forward to the mass exodus out of the city...
TATTRAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 01:34 PM   #37
Executive Chef
Dog sitting for a friend and taking both the puppers down to my sisters house. Gonna take them to a huge enclosed dog park to let them run around and get super tired. Then back to hers for BBQ and chillin in the back yard. Then I'm gonna stay with the pups while my sis & brother in law go watch fireworks. My doggy freaks out so I stay with her and keep her company. :)

Happy 4th to everyone!
Accentuate the positives, medicate the negatives ~ Amy Sedaris
redkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 01:44 PM   #38
Chef Extraordinaire
welcome home and happy 4th, kitty.
in nomine patri, et fili, et spiritus sancti.
beidh ar la linn.
wisdom is often in short supply within ones' ego.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 02:07 PM   #39
Senior Cook
This will be the first time in a year that DH feels like cooking out, because of various medical problems. He's making a bone-in rib eye for us to share. We will have potato salad, corn on the cob, cucumber salad, baked beans with it.
For dessert, leftover chocolate cake and ice cream.
Essiebunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 02:44 PM   #40
Chef Extraordinaire
I just got back from a nice 5 hour bike ride through rural PA and Amish country. Very scenic with the rolling farmlands and mountains. People out sitting in lawn chairs chatting and watching time go by, or in this case me, as traffic was very light , playing badmiton at one house, croquet at the next. Seeing twenty cars parked in a big lawn knowing that a party was commencing. Saw a wild turkey up close and personal as he ran across the road in front of me. The only thing I missed that would have complimented this perfect day was nobody had their grill fired up. A little BBQ smoke in the air would have been nice. Had to make do with horse poop
I miss family picnics.

Give us this day our daily bacon.
pacanis is offline   Reply With Quote