What's for Dinner? Fri 11th of May 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
try as i might, i can't stop thinking about that tender, buttery, asparagus...just this once--this one single time--why not, i deserve it--okay then....

Right! But for me here in Bama, it's 6am! This is what I love about this site! It's so cool to know that you are over there in the middle of your day planning dinner, and I am here in the US drowning myself in my morning coffee! I hope the rest of your day is fantastic!:flowers:

And I'm still sleeping 'cuz I can:LOL:

Today was the last of the Nurse's Treats and we were well fed, again! Chili and cornbread, prepared by the auxiliary staff, secretaries, ward clerks...It was great. Once again I am still too stuffed to think about eating much tonight! I've had a couple of pomegranate popscicles.

Last day of Nurse's week but the only day I worked at the good facility (2 jobs). The administrator grilled for us: hamburgers & hotdogs & fixing's, had some of the best potato salad ive ever had made by our supply person, cheesecake made by the secretary, chocolate cake, chips, soda, & coleslaw.

Last day of Nurse's week but the only day I worked at the good facility (2 jobs). The administrator grilled for us: hamburgers & hotdogs & fixing's, had some of the best potato salad ive ever had made by our supply person, cheesecake made by the secretary, chocolate cake, chips, soda, & coleslaw.

I think I gained 15 pounds this week...too much food!:angel::pig:

ya know, even though asparagus can be so tender and lovable in the moment, at four dollars per pound, i'll more likely cook up a pot of fresh green beans, or summer squash instead...or peas or corn or lima beans, or baby carrots, or.....

I always compare the cost of things to the price of a drink in the local saloon. The local asparagus was $3.00 a bunch at the farmer's market and I get two meals out of a bunch. That seems like a bargain compared with the price of a beer or a cocktail and I never in my life left a saloon after only one drink, although there was a time in the distant past where I did not buy nearly as many as I consumed! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

7:30pm Saturday (Sydney time) when I saw this thread. Just jumped online before heading to the kitchen.
I'm doing Chilli, Lime & Ginger Chicken Stir Fry with Udon Noodles. Had to be something that I could whip up in 20 mins. It's Mother's Day tomorrow and I have to be at the restaurant at 6am to start prepping for breakfast. 100 people booked by 9am (not including walk ins) :ohmy:. HELP !!!

Last edited:
Mussel night

Attachments

• DSC00546.jpg
    DSC00546.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 155
ohh those lovely mussel morsels peeking out from their shells....:yum::)
Yes. And lovely they were. Every once and a while you get something that is exceptionally good. These were the best I have had in a long while. Large, plump, tender and very fresh. Mussels are a great value. That pan was only 5 bucks....It fed three of us with corn on the cob and a box of chips from the truck down the block.....

Last edited:
i've been asking this a lot lately, but will you marry me please--cook for me on rainy days when pac isn't grilling his fabulous chicken parts and salt & pepper and tattrat just aren't in the mood?

Last edited:
PrincessFiona60 said:
I think I gained 15 pounds this week...too much food!:angel::pig:

You ain't just whistling Dixie! I missed out the rest of the week but I'm sure my pants will thank me. The administrator of that place took all the Nurses out for lunch at Applebee's while the DON held the keys, the next day they had food catered in, Thursday they grilled steaks... I've never worked in a facility that went way out like this. I have to admit - I'm loving' it. I scored gift cards/certicates totaling $60.00 besides the usual keepsakes and trinkets & T shirts. I was impressed.

i've been asking this a lot lately, but will you marry me please--cook for me on rainy days when pac isn't grilling his fabulous chicken parts and salt & pepper and tattrat just aren't in the mood?
Sure, why not? I have had many jobs over the years. I could try being a kept man for a while. Just keep a steady supply of cold beer in the house, lots of food and I have no reason to go out....

I made big salads for each of us, then we had leftovers. DH had a cup of posole and I had Thai peanut noodles with grilled chicken and chard from the garden.

Last night we had a simple encore performance of Chicken Enchiladas with Spicy Refried Beans & yellow rice.

You ain't just whistling Dixie! I missed out the rest of the week but I'm sure my pants will thank me. The administrator of that place took all the Nurses out for lunch at Applebee's while the DON held the keys, the next day they had food catered in, Thursday they grilled steaks... I've never worked in a facility that went way out like this. I have to admit - I'm loving' it. I scored gift cards/certicates totaling $60.00 besides the usual keepsakes and trinkets & T shirts. I was impressed.

When I worked weekend nights I always missed out on this stuff.:rolleyes:

You have a pretty decent repertoire of rhubarb recipes and a good imagination how to use. I have one very productive plant. That’s ok. I’m the only one in my family who eats rhubarb.
Have you ever looked at the Rhubarb Compendium? It has loads of recipes and info.
http://www.rhubarbinfo.com/

Thanks for the link, Whiskadoodle (and for the compliment). I don't particularly like rhubarb desserts, so I was trying to find recipes to stretch my mind (and palette). Let's face it, most of us think of rhubarb as a dessert element, so I had to have some help figuring out how to use it "outside of the crust" and using ingredients I had on hand. The Chard also came from the garden (and there is more of that to come as well). The won tons were an experiment I tried last year--I refined the ingredients a bit (according to taste and what I had on hand). They were a hit with the "rhubarb pie" fan.

I had a chance to visit the link today and bookmarked it. There is a lot more rhubarb to come--we have 5 prolific plants at the farm.

Back
Top Bottom