"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 05-12-2012, 09:15 AM   #31
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60

I think I gained 15 pounds this week...too much food!
You ain't just whistling Dixie! I missed out the rest of the week but I'm sure my pants will thank me. The administrator of that place took all the Nurses out for lunch at Applebee's while the DON held the keys, the next day they had food catered in, Thursday they grilled steaks... I've never worked in a facility that went way out like this. I have to admit - I'm loving' it. I scored gift cards/certicates totaling $60.00 besides the usual keepsakes and trinkets & T shirts. I was impressed.

Old 05-12-2012, 09:31 AM   #32
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
i've been asking this a lot lately, but will you marry me please--cook for me on rainy days when pac isn't grilling his fabulous chicken parts and salt & pepper and tattrat just aren't in the mood?
Sure, why not? I have had many jobs over the years. I could try being a kept man for a while. Just keep a steady supply of cold beer in the house, lots of food and I have no reason to go out....

Old 05-12-2012, 09:54 AM   #33
Executive Chef

i do--beer for fantasy meals forever.... (sigh)
Old 05-12-2012, 10:49 AM   #34
Chef Extraordinaire

I made big salads for each of us, then we had leftovers. DH had a cup of posole and I had Thai peanut noodles with grilled chicken and chard from the garden.
Old 05-12-2012, 12:06 PM   #35
Senior Cook

Last night we had a simple encore performance of Chicken Enchiladas with Spicy Refried Beans & yellow rice.
Old 05-12-2012, 12:32 PM   #36
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyAngel View Post
You ain't just whistling Dixie! I missed out the rest of the week but I'm sure my pants will thank me. The administrator of that place took all the Nurses out for lunch at Applebee's while the DON held the keys, the next day they had food catered in, Thursday they grilled steaks... I've never worked in a facility that went way out like this. I have to admit - I'm loving' it. I scored gift cards/certicates totaling $60.00 besides the usual keepsakes and trinkets & T shirts. I was impressed.
When I worked weekend nights I always missed out on this stuff.
Old 05-14-2012, 03:50 PM   #37
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskadoodle View Post
You have a pretty decent repertoire of rhubarb recipes and a good imagination how to use. I have one very productive plant. Thatís ok. Iím the only one in my family who eats rhubarb.
Have you ever looked at the Rhubarb Compendium? It has loads of recipes and info.
http://www.rhubarbinfo.com/
Thanks for the link, Whiskadoodle (and for the compliment). I don't particularly like rhubarb desserts, so I was trying to find recipes to stretch my mind (and palette). Let's face it, most of us think of rhubarb as a dessert element, so I had to have some help figuring out how to use it "outside of the crust" and using ingredients I had on hand. The Chard also came from the garden (and there is more of that to come as well). The won tons were an experiment I tried last year--I refined the ingredients a bit (according to taste and what I had on hand). They were a hit with the "rhubarb pie" fan.

I had a chance to visit the link today and bookmarked it. There is a lot more rhubarb to come--we have 5 prolific plants at the farm.

Tags
dinner