What's for dinner Friday March 11?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
DH's brother is making an unexpected visit and will get in late tonight. Bro was concerned of dh's decline after he stopped taking the steroid, but dh started taking the steroid again, a few days ago. Bro is forgoing a family vacation in FL to Disney something with his wife, 19 year old daughter, wife's brother and his new wife. He will be questioned if he really wanted to attend this retreat:LOL:.

So I will be in the kitchen today...will start with a corn bread tamale pie ala Joy of Cooking and the semolina almond lemon cake I keep mentioning:-p and may start on a no knead pizza dough, although I have really enjoyed the bread machine pizza dough lately..

what's happening at your place?

Too lazy to fix anything today. Will be at work until 9 tonight, so will just make a choice from my stash of canned soups in the file drawer.

Not cooking tonight we are evacuating ahead of the possible tsunami that may hit tonight. I just don't know where we will be going to.

The canned clam chowder I had made a couple of weeks ago was good, but not enough strong clam flavor, so I drank up most of the liquid soup and froze the rest.

Yesterday I picked up another can of minced clams and another bottle of clam juice, plus today is commodities day so I'll have evaporated milk too.

The frozen goodies are thawing now. Of course, this will probably be lunch.

Dinner will probably be either a BLT or pastrami on Rye with Swiss.

well if SO and roomie come home at a decent hour then it's BBQ time and we got some big steaks to put on that grill. I'm thinkin scallopped potatoes and some type of veggie to accompany da beef.

I am on my own tonight, so will probably have toast and cheese...but DH is here tomorrow. He is bringing fresh pineapple and chicken breasts. I thought I'd do a grilled chicken breast that has been marinated in the pineapple, soy sauce, etc. I picked up a bunch of avacodos when I was in the city...thinking of Avacado-coconut milk ice cream for dessert...

Coconut-Avocado Ice Cream Recipe - Allrecipes.com

I am thinking of garnishing it with fresh cilantro and using lime instead of the lemon...anyone have thoughts on this?

:)

Attachments

• tacos.jpg
    tacos.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 223
reheating the frozen chicken chili and leftover cornbread. got a great buy on artichokes $.99apiece, maybe one of those as well, also bought fresh black berries for dessert. got at sprouts, had never been there, produce cheap , the rest over priced.

Tonight I made calves liver with red onion with a balsamic pan sauce. Pasta with parsley and butter on the side and some roasted asparagus.

I've had a tough week, so younger son and I went to eat at one of our local fav restaurants. I got to pay $33 for the privelige of eating next to a table full of women who sounded like they just came in from the hills and hadn't ever been in a public restaurant before. Cackled like a bunch of drunk hyenas the entire time. :mad: I was not the only one who wasn't amused at their loud behavior. I almost bit my tongue off trying to stay silent.:angel:

Hope everyone else had a nice supper tonight.:chef:

Tonight was a simple romaine salad with Caesar Salad dressing topped with thawed frozen pre-cooked large sized shrimp. Dessert was a blueberry snack pack pudding.

Back
Top Bottom