What's for Dinner Friday May 29th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
Made a spinach, BACON, vadalia onion with other goodies quiche yesterday and we will get three meals out of it. I really liked the quiche:).

so, round two of the quiche with twice baked potatoes

and

vanilla ice cream with a devine chocolate sauce and roasted peanuts;)

let me find the recipe for the chocolate sauce....

The Best Chocolate Sauce Recipe - David Lebovitz

I used the dutch processed cocoa he recommends.....excellent recipe:)

what are you having?

Just started some beans. Although they are a Mexican bean, I'm going to make them with leftover hambone I put in the freezer after Easter. I'll probably do them like a baked bean, with molasses, in the crockpot once they have been preboiled. I took out some beef ribs, the big honkin' back ones. They were on sale, and dog needs a bone... May cook them slowly all afternoon, then finish on the grill.
oh yeah, the beans are from Mexico, so better drink those Coronas in the fridge...

we are having doctored frozen freshetta pepperoni pizza (i am adding some chopped green pepper and red onion sauted in olive oil) and homemade salsa.

img_825133_0_350753eb0271710543467164a44ca9f7.jpg

o.k., made the beans (yummo), the ribs have cooked all afternoon, just drenched them in a barbeque sauce (butter, onion, garlic, lemon juice, paprika, chili powder, tomato paste, molasses, sugar, pickle juice), made a coleslaw with an abundance of shredded carrot, and just fried some home made potato chips. now for a beer...

Dad and I had hot beef sandwiches with the leftover meat and gravy from last night. Was simple and delicious on such a hot day!

Dad and I had hot beef sandwiches with the leftover meat and gravy from last night. Was simple and delicious on such a hot day!
oh great!!!! now i have to make an eye round roast and Burgundy gravy BECAUSE i want a hot open roast beef and gravy sandwich!!

:LOL:

oh great!!!! now i have to make an eye round roast and Burgundy gravy BECAUSE i want a hot open roast beef and gravy sandwich!!

:LOL:

Giving me ideas for the weekend. I have some thinly sliced leftover Prime Rib in the freezer!! I can either eat it cold or make a "gravy" with fatfree, low salt beef broth. If it was only thawed out now..................

Giving me ideas for the weekend. I have some thinly sliced leftover Prime Rib in the freezer!! I can either eat it cold or make a "gravy" with fatfree, low salt beef broth. If it was only thawed out now..................
:LOL: microwave on thaw setting!!

ooooooooooo and add some nice crispy fries on the side. yummy.

<<< making shopping list
eye round roast
beef broth
burgundy wine
potatoes

Back
Top Bottom