What's for Dinner? Monday 22nd of October

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a big dish of eggplant parmesan in the oven. :chef:
Definitely having salad and maybe a small dish of pasta as well.

yeah claire, your chicken livers really made my taste buds perk up on a day that nothing else was stirring my appetite at all. thankfully, i have very few days like this--with no appetite. do you serve your livers with a straightforward garden salad, claire?

The chicken I took out of the freezer last night is still hard as a rock, so we'll probably go out tonight. Mrs. K has a craving for the salad bar at Ruby Tuesday's, so maybe that.

You needed to thaw that baby on the counter, Steve. :angel:

I'm going to grill a steak, saute some B sprouts and roast some orange potatoes using a recipe I found floating around the internet :LOL:

I wish I had thought to throw Snip's cookie pudding recipe in the oven while I was cooking Steve's chili lime potatoes... but oh well. Later this week I'll get to it. My mind was interrupted :wacko:

Attachments

• Steak & Sweet Potatoes.jpg
    Steak & Sweet Potatoes.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 201
Thanks Kylie :)
It had a lot of diverse flavors going on and I liked that. Kind of like the same dinner, but different (thanks to Steve's spuds).

Even though it was a beautiful day, my friend "arthur-itis" decided to make my day a miserable one. Thank goodness there was a ton of vegetable-beef soup left.

We had the last of the vegetable-beef soup, the last of the cornmeal yeast rolls and iced tea. We were too full for dessert.

I wish I had thought to throw Snip's cookie pudding recipe in the oven while I was cooking Steve's chili lime potatoes... but oh well. Later this week I'll get to it. My mind was interrupted :wacko:
That looks really tasty and I don't like sweet potatoes (and I'm not supposed to eat them).

We will be having shepherd's pie, made with some of the leftover lamb from yesterday. I'll probably make a salad and vinaigrette to go with that. I'm making some lamb stock right now for the gravy.
It wasn't as good as when I made shepherd's pie with ground lamb, but it was good and the salad turned out really good.

IMG_3339.JPG

The chicken I took out of the freezer last night is still hard as a rock, so we'll probably go out tonight. Mrs. K has a craving for the salad bar at Ruby Tuesday's, so maybe that.

You should just bag it and tag it, then throw it into a large pot of water or your sink, or just nuke it at 30% (universal defrost setting.)

There is still plenty of bowls of vegetable soup in the freezer so I just pulled the one that I think says Monday on it to thaw a little before heating. Will see if I chose the right one.

I hear some people have the day of the week monogrammed on their underwear, presumably to synchronize with the calendar...

Back
Top Bottom