"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 04-09-2007, 07:12 AM   #1
Head Chef
What's for dinner, Monday, April 9, 2007?

So warm here, we are really basking in it now......

I coated some chicken legs in honey and mustard yesterday and we'll have them cold with some ugly tomatos sliced and seasons and some basil, we have a buffulo mozzerella, a nice chevre, some gorgonzola too. But we are out of bread because I forgot how much DH grazes and had not prepared for enough daytime food... so we'll have celery and carrot sticks and a bottle of rose and the rest of yesterday's spanish Cream for pudding.

ETA, oh, I'm such a copy cat...Urmaniac's post below has convinced me to throw some polenta into the mix....solves the carb problem for DH!

In omnibus amor et iustum
lulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 07:31 AM   #2
Executive Chef
Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Agh!! I hate it when we find out that we are out of bread!!
So we try to keep a few packages of semi-ready-to-serve baguettes (stuff that are sold vacuum packed and you pop in the oven for 8-10 minutes...very handy and reasonably good) in stock for this sort of emergencies!

Not sure what we would do today yet... maybe some polenta with shrooms and sausage sauce, or chilli, or maybe we will go to Metro this afternoon if it is open, we often find great produce on sale there, so we may pick up something that inspire us for our din-din

urmaniac13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 07:47 AM   #3
Executive Chef
I've got a couple racks of spareribs. I'm going to season them with a dry rub here in a little bit, then later this afternoon I'll smoke them. Maybe make some potato salad and cole slaw.
Peace, Love, and Vegetable Rights!
Eat Meat and Save the Plants!
AllenOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 07:50 AM   #4
Master Chef
Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.

Not cooking -Monday's Girls night out, but can't wait to have our left over Honey Baked ham tomorrow!

Change of plans- bummer - but one friend is sick, one spent too much money for Easter, and one has to be to work at 6am.
Supper will be Ham sandwiches, fries, cole slaw amd pie for dessert, (made three diff. ones for Easter).
Grandma's Boys - Isaiah (11) Cameron (3 )
Barb L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 09:50 AM   #5
Head Chef
I am trying a new recipe, its a mexican/chicken rice type casserole - I got it out of the Cooks Illustrated Make Ahead Recipe book.
Toots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 10:15 AM   #6
Executive Chef
I have a long and late rehearsal tonight, I'll probably have some leftover spagetti before I go.
"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots, the other, wings." http://aidancallum.blogspot.com/
corazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 10:31 AM   #7
Executive Chef
Am I the only one who's serving leftover Easter dinner?
Please spay and neuter your pets. The Animal Rescue Site
Half Baked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 10:45 AM   #8
Head Chef
I'm with ya HB
Guess I'll start a pot of bean soup with yesterday's ham bone tonight while I'm heating up leftovers. It's still chilly here in Md, so a pot of soup will be good.
"You wouldn't know a diamond if you held it in your hand. The things you think are precious I can't understand" STEELY DAN.
JohnL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 11:17 AM   #9
Executive Chef
I'm trying a new recipe I made up, Lentil PIE! It's basically Shephards PIE with lentils instead of meat, hope it turns out good!
Accentuate the positives, medicate the negatives ~ Amy Sedaris
redkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 11:19 AM   #10
Senior Cook
It's a friends last night so he wants authentic Mexican. We are going to go to a neighborhood place, Taqueria Medina. They make homemade corn tortillas for all their tacos & their barbacoa is to die for!

Clienta is offline   Reply With Quote