What's for Dinner, Sat. April 28, 2007?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lulu

Head Chef
Today my cats' celebrate their birthday! They indulged with a tiny cake from the pasticceria!

I've been craving a spinach salad, but there is no baby spinach in the shops, so it will be a lamb's lettuce salad tonight. I'm coffeeing today, I woke up with the desire for lots of good, strong, real coffee....and I can't get enough of it, lol. I'm on my fourth espresso :w00t2:.

I put some baby backs to marinate last night in sherry, soy sauce, garlic,dry mustard,and fresh ginger..Will grill this evening have prepared a sauce for the ribs will put some of it one a few minutes before removing from the grill. The sauce is just orange mamalade,lemon juice, soy sauce and a little horseradish, will pass if others want more for the ribs. Along with it will be a fruit salad, big globe artichokes and parmeasn bread. Dessert is puff pastry shells filled with cream cheese, powdered sugar, lemon rind and juice then topped with sliced fresh straberries and a warm glaze or whipped cream on top of the berries.

kadesma:)

It is really hot today so at the moment I am not sure what I will fix for dinner. It definitely will be something light.

There is a place called Store 2 Door and if you order $50.00 they do not charge a delivery charge. I may order some of their wonderful fresh salads and definitely some ice cream.

dinner project

Well I decided to go on a little cooking adventure and make a few things I've never made before. I have to admit, between food shopping and cooking - my feet are aching. I'm also due to have a baby in August so could be extra tired.
I am making homemade clam chowda using little neck clams from scratch and salmon cakes from scratch. I'm going to serve the cakes over spagetti which will be mixed with a cooked mixture of (mushrooms, spices, oil/butter, and cream).

I'm always looking for some good recipes for baby back ribs. Actually - I don't really have any ; ). If you have some time, please give me the details.

Uncle Bob said:
Let's see, It's Saturday night. I' ll give ya three guesses!!!!:ermm:

Winner take all. :LOL:

Bourbon....Rock Hill Farms

Lots of Crispy Fried Catfiish...

Piping Hot, Light as a feather Hush Puppies

Cold Tangy Cole Slaw

Battered French fries...

Slices of cold Vidalia onion

Bourbon...Elmer T. lee

I think I got the Bourbon right. Does this make you hungry Uncle Bob?

I made my family skillet roasted pork steak & pan gravy and oven fried potatoes.

About as close as we get to the UK breakfast of beans over toast is the bean burritos we ate for breakfast. :)

We're having re-runs tonight. There are two fish fillets and a bowl of Maid-rite burger in the fridge. I think I'm out of hamburger buns, but I have hot dog buns, Texas toast, and whole wheat white bread. Have any of you all tried that? Wonder and Sara Lee both make it, and it's very good! It's a good way to get something healthier into those who insist on white bread.

Left overs. It's a gorgeous 75* outside right now and I'm refusing to turn the oven on.

Constance said:
We're having re-runs tonight. There are two fish fillets and a bowl of Maid-rite burger in the fridge. I think I'm out of hamburger buns, but I have hot dog buns, Texas toast, and whole wheat white bread. Have any of you all tried that? Wonder and Sara Lee both make it, and it's very good! It's a good way to get something healthier into those who insist on white bread.

I have tried the Sara Lee whole wheat white bread and it is very good. I have noticed several bread companies offering whole grain white breads and it has much more flavor. We bought a loaf of Italian white sliced bread w/sesame seeds a few days ago and it was good too. These breads are being offered along side the regular white & wheat breads at about the same cost and that is unique or should I say priceless! How did we rate better bread products?

Spent the day at church cooking hot dogs on a grill for youth fundraiser during a neighborhood festival. Got home around 3:30pm. Having leftover hot dogs with chili and cheese. You'd think I'd be sick of them but didn't get eat one at the festival. Sure tasted good after smelling them all day!

Bacon-wrapped tri-tip chunks?

That's what I'm thinking of slapping together tonight. Cut up the steak into bacon-wrappable sized chunks, toss them in pepper, wrap in bacon, holding it on with toothpicks. Then broil for a bit. (I figuring the bacon will provide all the needed salt.

I'm thinking of this with some sort of melted gorgonzola, and green beans.

Does that sound decent? Any improvements/alternative ideas?

Thanks!

cdj

Last edited by a moderator:
StirBlue said:
Bourbon....Rock Hill Farms

Lots of Crispy Fried Catfiish...

Piping Hot, Light as a feather Hush Puppies

Cold Tangy Cole Slaw

Battered French fries...

Slices of cold Vidalia onion

Bourbon...Elmer T. lee

I think I got the Bourbon right. Does this make you hungry Uncle Bob?

And the grand prize winner is.....Miss StirBlue! Ta Daaaaaa:LOL:

Except for the Bourbon labels you nailed it! Congradulations!!:flowers:

Roasted chicken with garlic & wine sauce

We're having roasted chicken with garlic & wine sauce. It's supposed to be roasted with 40 cloves of garlic, :-p but there's only 2 of us. Only using 1 head of garlic. I LOVE GARLIC!!! Served with steamed asparagus :-p I LOVE ASPARAGUS TOO!!!, and baked potato. Creamsicle cake for dessert.

We went fishing this afternoon! Finally the sun is shining - NO SNOW! So...easy supper tonight - pizza and wine. Tomorrow - grilled trout!

We had grilled chiken, corn on the cob and salad. It was yummy too! Taste of summer!

Back
Top Bottom