What's for Dinner Saturday, January 13, 2007?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Breakfast for Dinner!

Had breakfast for dinner. Eggs scrambled with the addition of a little low-fat milk and grated asiago cheese and a few ;) slices of bacon. Two slices of buttered whole wheat toast rounded out the meal. I love having breakfast for dinner!

Oh, and happy anniversary!

Fraidy

Last edited:
Kadesma, happy anniverary! Tonight we will start with mozzarella, procuitto and basil, maybe some light crackers. For dinner we will be having spinach-cheese stuffed chicken breast with a tomato-basil-yogurt sauce (very thick and chunky) served with risotto and roasted asparagus. Also trying something new, broiled roma tomatoes with blue cheese with bibb lettuce. I am trying jkath's no-bake chocolate cookie bar that tastes like reeses peanut butter cups.

Tonight I just sauteed up some hot Italian turkey sausages in some extra-virgin olive oil & served them with some Barilla Plus rotini (whole wheat & legume flour-based pasta) simply dressed with a little more extra-virgin olive oil, salt, & freshly ground pepper. A mixed green salad rounded things out.

I often watch the food network shows on Sat to see if something sparks an intrest for our Sat dinner and today Paula Deen made a Cheese burger meat loaf so we decided on that. I made mine and my daughters healthier by using turkey, low fat cheese and omiting the mayo and bacon Paula used. For hubby I made a beef one with the bacon but no mayo. Loved her idea of placing slices of bread in the botton of the pan to soak up the drippings. I made individual ones and put a 1/2 slice of bread in the bottom of each. To go with I made green beans, carrots, rolls and oven fries.

Just returned home..Our supper was wonderful. I had a cup of clam chowder, DH had minestrone, we each decided that since it was so cold salad was out tonight so soup it was. My entree was chicken marsala, served with rigatoni and marinara and sauteed baby carotts,zuchini strips, and dessert was panna cotta with raspberry coulis. DG had the chicken similar to a cordon blu but it was pounded then wrapped with prosciutto, and smoked mozzarella in the middle and topped with a brown sauce with wine and mushrooms..He chose spumoni..We both enjoy a glass of wine and then coffee with our dessert..
Thanks to all of you for wishing us a happy anniversary..So far it's been a wonderful day. Having such thoughtful friends, has made it even sweeter.

kadesma:)

It's cold, wet, and icy - and the forcast is for it to get worse - almost fell on my bum going down the stairs to the dumpster a few minutes ago.

Got a big pot of chili simmering on the stove ... and a dozen tamales .... I'll scrounge up something.

corazon90 said:
I'd love some warm Phoenix weather for dinner. Enough of the cold!

I have rehearsal tonight, so I'll have some leftover potato leek soup when I get home.

I can only tell you corazon, that it is frightfully FREEZING here in Phoenix....
Where is the warmth I thought I was coming to? NOT HERE!:ohmy:

```````````````````````````````
Flourgirl said:
I am going for the comfort food tonight.

Those frozen chicken breasts will turn into homemade fried chicken fingers with cheddar mashed potatoes and creamed spinach. Chocolate pudding for dessert.

well that's it! forget the Pizza Bianco for now, I comin to Flourgirls house for dinner...............hope it's okay if I just drop in:wacko:

Last edited:
working thru another weekend. have only had 4 days off since the beginning of december. :neutral: and 2 of those were because i used up personal days. :(

anyway, i had such a big lunch of open faced pot roast sandwiches and gravy that i was still full all night. dw burned a turkey burger for herself, and made the boy meatloaf, potato pancakes, rice, and corn on the cob.
we all shared some delicious strawberries though. i was skeptical at their ripeness, but they smelled very strawberry-ish, and were equally full of flavor and sweetness. i've found with fruit that if it has a particularly strong smell, it'll be sweet. works for melons, peaches, plums, and berries too.

Back
Top Bottom