What's for dinner? Sunday, 11-8-15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
Digging through the freezer again, I found a vacuum sealed Costco salmon filet. I'm thinking I'll marinate it in Trader Joe's Island Soyaki, and pan seared. Sides will be either edamame in a little sesame oil, or steamed asparagus with shallots. Not sure which yet. I might make lemon rice for another side.

What's on everyone's plate for today? :chef:

We ate at Bonefish Grill for lunch after church today. Supper will be leftovers. Have half a pork tenderloin left over so will heat that up and make some kind of sides to go with it. Not sure yet what those will be.

We're grilling some thinly sliced beef tongue we picked up at an Asian market this morning. That and some usual side dishes to go with that.....kim chee, steamed rice, etc....

I'm roasting some russet potatoes seasoned with Penzey's Fox Point in the toaster oven. I seasoned boneless pork chops with Penzey's Mural of Flavor and will pan-sear them and I have some frozen green beans ready to steam.

Spelunked some refried bean vegetable soup of fairly recent vintage.

I really wanted to make crockpot lasagna today, but DH reminded me that we get lasagna from United Way on Thursday.

Last edited:
Forgot! I'm seasoning the beans with Penzey's 4/S Seasoned salt! :LOL: And I pulled a couple pieces of homemade focaccia out of the oven to thaw. Will give those a quick blast in the toaster oven to crisp.

Shrimp and corn gumbo, served over basmati rice, accompanied by dutch oven bread and a green salad. Daughter, SIL, new baby, and some friends were over for dinner.

Carl's Jr. (Hardee's) fast food tonight. SC had the big mushroom Swiss burger, and I had
the low carb version of the
The 1/2lb Tex Mex Bacon Thickburger

100% Black Angus Beef, fire-roasted peppers and onions, thick-cut bacon, Pepper Jack Cheese, and Santa Fe Sauce on a Fresh Baked Bun.

Mine was wrapped in a big iceberg lettuce leaf. Delicious!

I'm going to have to go to Carl's Jr. again - we have one here in town but I haven't been in a couple of years. Kay, do you have to ask for the lettuce wrap, or is it on the menu?

Dawg, I had forgotten all about refried bean and veggie soup :yum: until you brought it up this evening! I haven't had that in years. My mom used to make it, and somewhere I have her handwritten recipe. It called for refried beans, chicken broth, and chopped assorted veggies - if I remember right it always included corn, chopped green bells, diced tomatoes or salsa, and olives. It was very good, especially with corn bread. I'm going to have to make that again. Thanks for the reminder!

Later on, she started cutting corners and just used refried beans and a can of Progresso vegetable soup and it was still good, just not as good as the original that I remember. :)

002.JPG

Chicken Cacciatore my way

I made a quick meat sauce for the leftover lasagna. Now I have leftover sauce, too. :ermm: We had salad before, and apple pie much later.

Trust me, there really is a square of lasagna under that pile of sauce and cheese.

Attachments

• 2015-11-08 21.40.53.jpg
    2015-11-08 21.40.53.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 154
We had pasta pizza. Made like a pizza except the pasta was the "crust." Craig had sausage, green peppers, onions, garlic. Mine was pepperoni and black olives. Cheeses were moz and parm.

I'm going to have to go to Carl's Jr. again - we have one here in town but I haven't been in a couple of years. Kay, do you have to ask for the lettuce wrap, or is it on the menu?

Cheryl,you have to ask for the lettuce wrap by saying "low carb it". I'm not normally a fan of fast food, but that particular burger is perfectly put together for the flavors you and I love. Go get one ASAP .... :yum:;)

Back
Top Bottom