What are you eating Sunday July 18, 2021?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Lunch was NY Strip (seasoned with salt and pepper, steak pan seared in cast iron then basted with fresh garlic and rosemary butter). Topped with the herb pan drippings and sprinkled with course citron sea salt at plating. Creamed spinach on the side.
(Sorry for messy plate picture)
Not sure what/when dinner will be.

garlic_rosemary_strip_steak_071821_IMG_8276.jpg

I'm planning on a chef's salad. Lettuce, onion, pea pods and garlic from my garden; hard cooked eggs, tomatoes, ham and cheese from elsewhere. Oh, how about buttered garlic toast to go with? I'm behind on crouton making.

I'm planning on roasting some chicken breasts and Italian sausages. It's marinated right now. I'll have to see what I want to make to go with that. I'm kinda pooped out and the side might just be bread.

Red Meat Sunday !
Garlic & Jalapeno-Rubbed Grilled rib Eye, White Mushrooms Sautee'd in Butter & Wine, Hasselback Russet, Steamed Brussels Sprouts...

Rib Eye , Hassleback Potato.jpg

Cleaned up most of the leftovers. Himself had the lone stuffed cabbage with all but one forkful of mashed potatoes. I had the remaining portion of teriyaki chicken over a pile of rice and the stir-fried carrots and sugar snap peas. We still have single servings of corn and of peas. Any takers? [emoji38]

A dish I first enjoyed in 2002 at a wee cafe in the Arts Centre, Christchurch, NZ: a white sauce with chopped onion, butter, flour, pinot gris, a dab of leftover cream, and hot water. A spoonful of capers, some tarragon, and chunks of pepper-smoked salmon. Gnocchi. Served on a bed of baby rocket (arugula).

With a glass of Elk Cove Oregon pinot gris.

I roasted those marinated chicken breasts and Italian sausages. I served a large, leafy salad with it. It turned out really good. There is still some roasted chicken and a whole bunch of sausages that can be used for sandwiches or heated for something else.

Marinated, roasted chicken and Italian sausage.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom