"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 04-22-2007, 12:44 PM   #1
Head Chef

Send a message via MSN to Caine
What's for dinner Sunday, April 22, 2007?

Either everyone is fasting today, or y'all decided to sleep in REALLY late!

As I stated yesterday, today is Thanksgiving in April. I am making a 12 pound frozen Butterball turkey (that I got free for buying 25 bucks worth of produce at my local supermarket, AFTER already having bought a fresh Honesuckle White turkey somewhere else, the week before Thanksgiving); giblet gravy; sausage, apple, and fennel corn bread dressing; steamed green beans and steamed corn (wth my new rice cooker and my old expandable steamer basket, I can steam two vegetables at once!), mashed potatoes, baked sweet potatoes, freshly baked yogurt biscuits (my version of Paula Deen's cream biscuits), and for a change of pace from apple and/or pumpkin pie, I bought a Jon Donaire cranberry apple cheesecake.

Old 04-22-2007, 12:54 PM   #2
Head Chef

Caine - sounds delightful!!! Enjoy your feast.

mr. callie is making scrambled eggs and toast right now...we haven't thought about supper yet.

callie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 01:01 PM   #3
Master Chef

I am not sure, yet. I am making a couple of casseroles for my dad to reheat next week when my mom and I are away, so I could have some of one of those. One is layered broccoli, cheese, chicken, and a cream of chicken soup mixture and the other is a layered chili, crushed fritos, cheese, and a mixture of green onion, regular onion, and green chilies.

I am also making a pan of chocolate chip bar cookies for him to have while we are away. It is hard to think of dinner because right now I am full from breakfast which was huge breakfast burrito made of leftover chili, scrambled egg, cheese, and green onion.

Theodore Roosevelt
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)
SierraCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 01:08 PM   #4
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
One of the mangoes we have bought over a week ago is not maturing as it is supposed to. I am afraid it is going to shrivel away before it matures, so I am going to make some use of it and will make a thai style fried rice. Not very sweet, a bit hard mango makes a surprisingly nice addition to it.

Then I am going to make a nice big hearty macedonia (fresh fruit salad) with another mango which has matured nicely, strawberries, pineapple, kiwi and banana. mmmmm!! One of the best guilt-free goodies you can imagine
Old 04-22-2007, 02:17 PM   #5
Senior Cook

Send a message via AIM to spryte Send a message via MSN to spryte Send a message via Yahoo to spryte
Right now I'm thinking Jerk Center Cut Pork Chops on the grill... not sure what else.
spryte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 02:25 PM   #6
Executive Chef

The boy is eating some chicken casserole thing he bought earlier. I had brown rice with steamed zucchini and peas, oh and 2 glasses of white wine!
Old 04-22-2007, 02:43 PM   #7
Assistant Cook

Tending the Store While Hubby Makes Roast Pork

I'm tending the store today. Hubby has the day off so he's making Mexican Roast Pork Guadalupe.

I can't wait to get home!
Old 04-22-2007, 03:16 PM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

an easy sunday today...brats on buns with grilled onions and whatever you'd like to go on them...potatoe salad, corn on cob and banana cream and chocolate pies..
kadesma
Old 04-22-2007, 05:48 PM   #9
Head Chef

We just returned from our first camping trip of the season. Weather was fantastic! So I think we are going to go or take out a pizza. Spring break is over for us in MA so it is back to work for me tomorrow.
Old 04-22-2007, 06:54 PM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
We ate a late lunch so supper will probably consist of cheese, crackers, and wine. We have sandwich stuff so maybe a panino too.

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote