"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 05-13-2010, 02:54 PM   #11
Master Chef

Lunch was a spinach, garlic and pesto wrap (burrito size) stuffed with smoked ham salad (Hormel brand canned smoked ham flaked with mayo, celery, green onion (scallion), red and green bell pepper, salt and ground 4 blend peppercorns) and I used baby spinach instead of lettuce on the wrap and served dried cherries and cranberries on the side. I shared 1/2 of this wrap with my daughter.

Now I need to figure out an exciting and new way to serve pork chops.

Old 05-13-2010, 03:12 PM   #12
Senior Cook

Something with yams... :)

Old 05-13-2010, 03:19 PM   #13
Master Chef

Site Moderator

Leftover baked chicken. I may not have too much of it, I had a HUGE burger at lunch and am still feeling full, so maybe just a thigh and some salad for me.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:16 PM   #14
Sous Chef

Manchego ravioli, sun-dried tomatoes, bacon, Chevre and extra-virgin olive oil
Old 05-13-2010, 07:43 PM   #15
Master Chef

Dinner was pan fried center cut, bone in pork chops (seasoned with poultry seasoning and My herb and spice blend grinder - 4 Peppercorn blend, Sea salt (Large crystals), Garlic (Dry Minced ), Onion (Dry Flakes), Thyme (Dry Leaves), Rosemary (Dry Leaves), Red pepper flakes) served with my thrown together dried fruit sauce (apricot preserves, orange juice, champagne vinegar, dried cherries, dried cranberries, dried pineapple, several fine grinds of EACH red pepper flakes, cinnamon and sea salt), buttered steamed baby spinach, buttered steamed carrot coins.

Old 05-13-2010, 08:47 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

made a shrimp scampi, used the garlic butter i made last week. stirred in some jasmine rice. finished cooking up brussel and leaks. kinda strong for a fish dish.but needed to use them up.

going to a little play my granddaughter is in at her church. will have mixed berries with just a touch of splenda brown . and a small spoon of sour cream. when i get home. had some for a snack last night and it was just wonderful.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:13 PM   #17
Certified Cake Maniac

Very warm here today and we had a big lunch (A&W) so I picked up a rotisserie chicken, cut that up with some roast beef, ham and salami and put out 3 different salads and we had a cold plate buffet! Went over very well.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:14 PM   #18
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
Dinner was pan fried center cut, bone in pork chops (seasoned with poultry seasoning and My herb and spice blend grinder - 4 Peppercorn blend, Sea salt (Large crystals), Garlic (Dry Minced ), Onion (Dry Flakes), Thyme (Dry Leaves), Rosemary (Dry Leaves), Red pepper flakes) served with my thrown together dried fruit sauce (apricot preserves, orange juice, champagne vinegar, dried cherries, dried cranberries, dried pineapple, several fine grinds of EACH red pepper flakes, cinnamon and sea salt), buttered steamed baby spinach, buttered steamed carrot coins.
Looks great, Ms M!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:17 PM   #19
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Looks great, Ms M!
thank you LP!!

and surprising with all the natural sugars in the sauce my 2 hour blood sugar was only 108. i was expecting it to be higher.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:19 PM   #20
Head Chef

Bowtie pasta with a garlic/blue cheese/fire-roasted tomato/mushroom/red wine sauce. Green salad on the side.