What's for Dinner Thursday Feb 9/12?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joesfolk

Head Chef
What's for dinner Thursday?

I needed to clean out some dabbas from the fridge. After looking them over I decided that they were perfect for Mexican Pizzas. So that's what we are having. Dessert is a pumpkin spiced pound cake.

Weird to start this two days in a row. I'm contemplating a tortellini/ham type dish. I have some ham to use up and think that tortellini might be a nice complement. I am thinking maybe a creamy type sauce...I'm not too sure. Thoughts? Help? Please?

SO opted for Chinese pepper steak over white rice. I'll probably toss in some mushrooms and onion too.

One of Glenn's daughters has invited us to her house for pizza tonight. Even though she lives quite nearby, she's very busy with her job and being a single mom of two little girls, so it will be nice to have supper with them and spend some time with the girls.

I've made some Valentine cupcakes to bring along.

A friend of mine caught some pickerel yesterday. Says he will give me some. I am hoping he comes through. He probably won't, though. so, it will be into the freezer for something...,

Dry Aged Steaks, Twice Baked Potatoes, Grilled Asparagus, and more than likely, some good beer.

A friend of mine caught some pickerel yesterday. Says he will give me some. I am hoping he comes through. He probably won't, though. so, it will be into the freezer for something...,

OMGOMGOMG...I love pickerel. Its been so long since I had any. If you get it, how are you going to prepare it?

i just finished food shopping, so dinner tonigjt will start with pickles and smoked whiting for an after school appy, then a salad of 50/50 spinach and baby greens. for the entree, either a pork loin roast, or grilled bone-in ny strip steaks.

i just got my cholesterol numbers back (187 total, yay!), but my triglycerides were a little high, so it's time to cut out spuds, bread, and sugary snacks.

i guess i'm giving up chocolate for lent again. :(

Last edited:
I have 2 ribeyes in the fridge that I will broil for the yungun and me. I'm thinking broccoli with cheese sauce will make a nice side. Will forgo the starch this meal since we tend to have too much of that anyway.

I am throwing some boneless/skinless chicken breasts, marinated in balsamic vinaigrette, in the oven and will serve it with sour cream and chive mashed potatoes and spinach. :yum:

Rock and Alix, what's a pickerel? I'm guessing since it was "caught", it's a critter of some kind? :huh:

I'm alone for a few days as Steve needed to take an emergency red eye flight to Florida last night. Florida can be very difficult to get to from here on such short notice. His sweet 99 year old mom took a fall, so I hope you'll all keep good thoughts for them.

I'll heat up some soup or something.

Steak for me tonight, ribeye. I don't eat steak very often but every now and then I crave meat. Caesar salad and mashed potatoes with that.

Last edited:
Rock and Alix, what's a pickerel? I'm guessing since it was "caught", it's a critter of some kind? :huh:

Kayelle, pickerel is like pike or walleye. Not EXACTLY the same, but the same family of fishies. Pickerel is delicious!

Dinner tonight ended up being tortellini and ham in a creamy cheesy sauce.

Kayelle said:

I'm alone for a few days as Steve needed to take an emergency red eye flight to Florida last night. Florida can be very difficult to get to from here on such short notice. His sweet 99 year old mom took a fall, so I hope you'll all keep good thoughts for them.

I'll heat up some soup or something.

Oh my. All the best for your MIL and Steve, Kayelle.

Soup here too.

Another clean out the fridge night here. Leftover steamed shrimp with potatoes and onions and leftover chinese take out, beef with broccoli.

Back
Top Bottom