What's for Dinner Tuesday, June 16th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bacon & black walnut pesto over tortellini, and peas with edamame. My original plan was to make succotash, but I discovered at the last minute that I didn't have any corn.

Attachments

• Photo_061609_001.jpg
    Photo_061609_001.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 285
on my way to make my chili.

btw i made it through the day yesterday from 9AM without smoking at all till about 5AM this morning. i had a 1/2 a cig. not bad for someone who normally smoked a pack a day give or take depending on the stress and/or pain levels. if i didn't have bursitis (sp) i'd pat myself on the back!! :LOL:

Good for you! Keep it up and you'll wonder why you ever started in the first place.

I ended up with spaghetti for supper tonight. I found a package of hamburger in the freezer and had the noodles and sauce.

Bacon & black walnut pesto over tortellini, and peas with edamame. My original plan was to make succotash, but I discovered at the last minute that I didn't have any corn.
again so elegant!! that looks great. you put me to shame and HEY how did a black plate get into the white china? :LOL: did you have a moment of weekness and succumb to the dark side?

Good for you! Keep it up and you'll wonder why you ever started in the first place.

I ended up with spaghetti for supper tonight. I found a package of hamburger in the freezer and had the noodles and sauce.
thank you so much!! encouragement and support from everyone here really does help a lot. i haven't smoked at all today. i have kept myself busy posting recipes and reading recipes. and researching places to go on our vacation road trip. i didn't make any plans. just gonna get on a highway and get lost. sounds thrilling to me.

i love to make a quick fresh meat gravy like that.

on my way to make my chili.

btw i made it through the day yesterday from 9AM without smoking at all till about 5AM this morning. i had a 1/2 a cig. not bad for someone who normally smoked a pack a day give or take depending on the stress and/or pain levels. if i didn't have bursitis (sp) i'd pat myself on the back!! :LOL:

I gave up on the cold turkey thing. I bought an e-cigarette online
and it rocks. no smoke, carcinogens, no smell, no getting up in the
middle of your show, pausing the DVR and going outside for a smoke.
I will probably go back on Chantix after I phase real smokes out completely.
oh, and I have no clue what to cook tonight.

I gave up on the cold turkey thing. I bought an e-cigarette online
and it rocks. no smoke, carcinogens, no smell, no getting up in the
middle of your show, pausing the DVR and going outside for a smoke.
I will probably go back on Chantix after I phase real smokes out completely.
oh, and I have no clue what to cook tonight.
whats an e-cig? good luck to you also!! thats what take out is for!!

thanks m! and remember I am the one who loves white plates, you should know I wouldnt never use a black plate! haha That dish up there with the edamame does look very tasty though

thanks m! and remember I am the one who loves white plates, you should know I wouldnt never use a black plate! haha That dish up there with the edamame does look very tasty though
hey i just realized that!! i have been awake going on 48 hours now and trying to quit smoking. i am a bit bonkers at the moment. please forgive me. oh pooooooooo i bet jet is probably saying "what the .............. is that nut talking about!!" :LOL: oh well i have done worse!!

hahaha very understandable, good luck on quitting smoking, my mom just quit and now shes trying to get me to do the same. Let me know when you quit!

hahaha very understandable, good luck on quitting smoking, my mom just quit and now shes trying to get me to do the same. Let me know when you quit!
thank you. i went from a pack more or less a day to 1/2 cig in 2 days. i think thats good. i'll let ya know when it takes for good.

Black plates...:rolleyes:

I bought them before I became culinarily aware. Now I have two full sets of black plates but not a single full-size white plate.

Black plates...:rolleyes:

I bought them before I became culinarily aware. Now I have two full sets of black plates but not a single full-size white plate.
they are nice. btw i love your counter top!!

Still not much into cooking since Buck died, but tonight I had kind of a bizarre meal. I was in the mood for corn on the cob, so had 2 ears of peaches and cream and a plate of ground beef stroganoff. Finished off the last of the zucchini bars I made last week.

Put a fork in me, I'm done.:)

That sure looks really tasty, especially with that walnut/bacon pesto!! I wish I could have had a helping! :)

Back
Top Bottom