What's for dinner? Wednesday 4-4-18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
Homemade lentil soup here this afternoon, with toasted garlic bread on the side. :yum:

I was craving soup before it gets too darn hot here in SoCal to enjoy it. It gave me a way to use up the last of the carrots, asparagus, onion, and celery in the fridge before I hit the farm stand again on Friday.

What's on everyone's plate today? :chef:

Craig picked up a house smoked ham at the meat market on Monday. They had put them on sale for 90 cents a pound after Easter. I put a raspberry, mustard brown sugar glaze on it. Sides are peas and carrots and cheesy grits casserole.

Attachments

• 2018-04-04 18.00.28.jpg
    2018-04-04 18.00.28.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 104
Dinner at the concierges lounge at the Marriott Renaissance on the North Shore in Chicago. Coconut shrimp on a skewer and veggie spring rolls with veggie and dip. Very very good. They also was showing off a roasted leek soup. I chatted with the chef and he said that he roasted leeks, onion, garlic and carrot and then pureed in Veggie stock with fried leek slivers on top. It was amazing.

I've been slowly getting back to cooking. Tonight I covered pollock filets with a mixture of mayo, za'atar, lemon juice and parsley, then topped it with panko bread crumbs and put it in the oven with asparagus to roast. Alongside will be couscous with shallots, lemon zest, parsley and toasted pine nuts. I've never made this mayo recipe before, but I've heard good things, so we'll see.

We recently bought 40 pound packages of ground beef from a local farmer. It is very lean and very juicy. So far it's been too cold for outdoor grilling and so far, we've made pan fried burgers twice. Today I stirred up a package and made soft shell tacos for dinner tonight. Served with a can of spiffed up refried beans and pineapple spears. (no guac awk). Very much tasty.

Busy day today, so I'm grazing tonight. I almost picked something up, but figured grazing at home would be much healthier than any take out. Certainly cheaper.

CD

A can of chili with beans topped with extra sharp cheddar. The cats are sharing the cheese. I had a wondrous lunch at the Chinese buffet, broccoli, green beans with little bits of beef and chicken, three different sauces.

A can of chili with beans topped with extra sharp cheddar. The cats are sharing the cheese. I had a wondrous lunch at the Chinese buffet, broccoli, green beans with little bits of beef and chicken, three different sauces.

This sounds good...canned chili and cheddar are always good to have in the fridge and pantry. :)

We had mixed baby green salads with black and green olives, feta cheese, and tomato. Watch out for the pits! ~ Afterwards, we had whole wheat spaghetti with a lemon-ricotta-pistachio sauce and arugula. I'd post the link but I'm afraid someone else might have done that already - and I don't want to embarrass myself again. :D Besides, I actually used parts of three recipes, then did my own thing. I liked it, but Himself said "too much lemon". :ermm: Ooops.

Attachments

• 20180404_220435.jpg
    20180404_220435.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 94
Back
Top Bottom