"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 02-28-2007, 02:54 AM   #1
Head Chef

What's for Dinner, Wednesday, Feb. 28th?

OK, ok, it early to be thinking about supper even here in Europe (its almost nine am here!) but I haven't been able to stopp thinking of kadesma's lovely sounding suasage and pepper sandwhiches and red cabbage salad (her Monday night meal) and so that's what we are having tonight!

Old 02-28-2007, 07:33 AM   #2
Head Chef

Today is our anniversary and my DH offered to take me out for dinner. Since we are going away tomorrow for a long weekend, I suggested we have a nice meal at home instead. We'll be having some lovely meeals while we are away, so we'll celebrate then. We're going with friends, so it'll be a party!

Old 02-28-2007, 07:43 AM   #3
Executive Chef

lentil soup and NY Times bread

I will be finishing up the bread today. For the soup, it will contain, onions, garlic, dried celery leaves, bay leaves, lentils, chopped sweet potato with its skin on, tomato juice, smoked ham, s&p, cayenne pepper, etc.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:12 AM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
Probably spaghetti and garlic bread.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:34 AM   #5
Assistant Cook

It's going to be pasta shells for me... these ones here:

MeanMeals.com - Stuffed Pasta Shells - Create and share your personal list of meals and recipes
Old 02-28-2007, 09:34 AM   #6
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndalou
Today is our anniversary and my DH offered to take me out for dinner. Since we are going away tomorrow for a long weekend, I suggested we have a nice meal at home instead. We'll be having some lovely meeals while we are away, so we'll celebrate then. We're going with friends, so it'll be a party!
Happy Anniversary to you and DH! Hope both of you have a wonderful time!

Since the potatoes are starting to sprout, will be making Shepherd's Pie and boiling some wild winter greens that DH has picked.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:42 AM   #7
Master Chef

I just finished making a big pot of chili. I'd already prepared the meat/green pepper/ onion mixture yesterday while I was working on the goulash so today it went lickity split. We'll have Salami & Mustard sandwiches too.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:53 AM   #8
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
Wink

Think I have finally decided, (but still early enough to change) Pork chop suey over rice with a sprinkling of rice noodles, crusty bread.

Change of plans, son went to work early ( he likes this meal alot) so will make when he is home. So Hubby wants grilled Burgers, so thats what we are having w/fries!
Old 02-28-2007, 11:00 AM   #9
Executive Chef

... breakfast and lunch in San Francisco but dinner will be flying across country............and what I'll eat, it's up in the 'air'.......
Old 02-28-2007, 11:06 AM   #10
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEFSElover
... breakfast and lunch in San Francisco but dinner will be flying across country............and what I'll eat, it's up in the 'air'.......
LOL lefse... well as long as you don't have to eat while on board... anything will be better than that! Good luck on finding the right dinner for your mood!

I had some inspiration problem today... however I decided on "farrotto" al radicchio (pretty much the same recipe as risotto, I just use farro instead of rice, farro adds a nice nutty flavour and rich texture!) upon remembering we had another head of radicchio in the fridge to be consumed quickly... we will have some bits of cheeses and fruits alongside, with left over red wine that I am using for "farrotto"!!