What's on Your Menu, Wednesday June 22nd?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So ribs tomorrow, Dave??? :chef:

My dinner hit the spot again. I've been on a roll this week cooking food that leaves me saying, yeah, that's what I wanted :)

Hmmmm crab!!!!!

Nope, ribs on Friday or Saturday. Thursday is planned as a left-over day and there is a lot of goulash and duck left over from Mon and Tue.

Thanks Vanilla.

There was a lot of chicken going on the other night, Somebunny.

Goulash sounds good for tonight's dinner, Dave. I may make some myself.

Chicken stir fry (B/S chicken breast, fresh garlic, broccoli, carrot, celery, mushroom caps, onion, whole almonds, peanut oil, chicken stock and cornstarch) and fried rice (jasmine rice, frozen peas, fresh carrot, fresh onion, cooked scrambled egg, soy sauce and peanut oil) both garnished with sliced green onions and toasted black and white sesame seeds.

img_1015385_0_74471bde69367bc1fe8eda22b8b85c54.jpg
That looks like it almost came from a restaurant. YUM!

Vanilla Bean said:
I have never tried brussel sprouts. I don't know why. I'm sure I would like them.

Brussels sprouts=blech. Spit, spit. Have never found a way to make them edible. Hope they taste better for you, Vanilla!

Last edited:
Brussels sprouts=blech. Spit, spit. Have never found a way to make them edible. Hope they taste better for you, Vanilla!

I say the same thing about radishes. I can't eat them raw, and I've tried cooking/braising them different ways, also. They look so good on TV... :LOL:

pacanis said:
I say the same thing about radishes. I can't eat them raw, and I've tried cooking/braising them different ways, also. They look so good on TV... :LOL:

Apparently, along with a cilantro gene, there is a brussels sprout gene and a radish gene.

looks good as usual, mofet.

no radishes, pac?

have you ever had a really good, crispy, peppery one. i never used to think much about the bland little things until i had a good one. it was spicy hot like i bit into a peppercorn, with a good vegetably crunch.

my dinner last night, actually this morning was a salad, plain pizza, and spicy mussels marinara. only 3 slices made it through to see the light of day. :pig:

my birds are having the leftover slices tonight.

Nope, BT. I could never get the hang of them and will pick around them if they are in a salad, unless there is plenty of other stuff to mask them and they were sliced on a mandolin, lol.
I try them now and then thinking my tastes have changed. They haven't.

pacanis said:
Nope, BT. I could never get the hang of them and will pick around them if they are in a salad, unless there is plenty of other stuff to mask them and they were sliced on a mandolin, lol.
I try them now and then thinking my tastes have changed. They haven't.

I like radishes fresh and pickled, though it drives me nuts when someone tries to talk me into different ways to eat brussels sprouts (heretofore known as BS.). Still taste like rancid cabbage mixed with toe jam.

Last edited:
I like radishes fresh and pickled, though it drives me nuts when someone tries to talk me into different ways to eat brussels sprouts (heretofore known as BS.). Still taste like rancid cabbage mixed with toe jam.

Hmmm, so that's what toe jam tastes like :ermm:
I never knew.

:LOL:

pacanis said:
Hmmm, so that's what toe jam tastes like :ermm:
I never knew.

:LOL:

OK, what I would ASSUME toe jam would taste like. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
One of my early canning forays....along with toe jelly.

Last edited:
lo, you guys are nuts.

reminds me of a line from "weird science" where the bully older brother tells his younger brother and friends that he could eat little sh1ts like them for breakfast.

"you eat little sh1ts for breakfast?" was the reply...:cool:

buckytom said:
lo, you guys are nuts.

reminds me of a line from "weird science" where the bully older brother tells his younger brother and friends that he could eat little sh1ts like them for breakfast.

"you eat little sh1ts for breakfast?" was the reply...:cool:

Too funny!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom