What's on your plate, Friday, 10-16-15?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My fridge is currently housing many leftovers, so it will be some combination of those.

Leftover Shrimp Pad Thai from yesterday, and probably some sautéed snow peas on the side.

How can it be Friday again? Oh yeah, it happens every couple of days!

We have a choice of either tri tip on the grill, or a beer butt chicken. I guess I won't need to decide until I get up from here.

I had some sausage already browned up in the freezer and some roast beef ground up so I threw it into some spaghetti sauce and cooked the noodles. Had salads with it too.

It's been a difficult day, so we had an easy dinner. DH thawed and heated posole from the freezer and made cheese quesadillas. My hero :heart:

Attachments

• 1445039629367.jpg
    1445039629367.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 150
Daughter and SIL were over for dinner, so I made a repeat of a Greek inspired dinner I tried a couple of weeks ago. Chicken kabobs in a EVOO and lemon marinade, herbed orzo, grilled brussel sprouts, and some tzatziki on the side. Healthy dinner until we got to the raspberry chocolate brownies I picked up for dessert at a local bakery.

I hope you're feeling ok GG. Hope you haven't run out of spoons. I care.

I decided to cut the backbone out of that big chicken and cut into halves, marinate it in Goya and head for the grill soon. I have a juicy book to finish on my tablet and ear buds of "old music by dead people" with a nice supply of vino. Ahh, the simple pleasures of an hour or so at sundown. :)

DBr made a surprise visit to the city today and it was his birthday this week, so we took him out to dinner to celebrate. He chose Red Lobster. He lives in the Boundary Waters, and I thought what, you don't eat enough fish!, he had a shrimp combo, I guess in fact, they do not catch that up there. Dx had Canadian walleye and I had rainbow trout. Baked taters, salads and veggies all around. And a basket or two of cheesy biscuits.

DBr made a surprise visit to the city today and it was his birthday this week, so we took him out to dinner to celebrate. He chose Red Lobster. He lives in the Boundary Waters, and I thought what, you don't eat enough fish!, he had a shrimp combo, I guess in fact, they do not catch that up there. Dx had Canadian walleye and I had rainbow trout. Baked taters, salads and veggies all around. And a basket or two of cheesy biscuits.

Oh..those cheesy biscuits are the death of me! The last time we were there I told the waitress to give them to someone else. Thud...they are sooo good.

Kayelle, I have a recipe for those cheesy biscuits. Just sayin'...:D

Tossed pans of all kinds of things into the oven. Almost no-work dinner - until I had to wash a couple things that don't go into the dishwasher. ~ Pork tenderloin with Herbs de Provence (hubby got some fresh, organic lavender from the farm he was doing the star gazing events at), buttered carrots, redskin potatoes with s&p, and zucchini spears dowsed with lemon-garlic oil and coated with grated Parma cheese. The potatoes were perfection! Everything else was good, too.

Attachments

• 2015-10-16 21.35.24.jpg
    2015-10-16 21.35.24.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 129
As always I'm a day late and a dollar short. :mrgreen:

Got home late last night and hadn't even thought of dinner.
So here's what I had.:chef:

Spaghetti with "Seat of the Pants" sauce.

Aprox 1 Tbs. olive oil into med.low hot pot.
1 sliced onion tossed into hot oil and softened.
6-8 very sm cloves garlic smashed and tossed in for a few minutes.

Time to clean out the pantry.

2 sm cans (14oz) whole maters + 1 sm can diced pitched in and a good stir.
1 can (2oz.) anchovies. Oil and all.
1 BIG splash red wine vinegar plus a little bit more.

All palm measured.

1 Tbs. dried basil. Used the last of the fresh this year. Time to think about winter crop in the widow.
2 tsp. salt
1tsp. sugar
Cooked at a slow simmer for about 30 minutes.
Start the pasta water to heating at a lower setting.
Toss is 8oz washed & halved white mushrooms.
When the mushrooms are looking close to done turn up the water and toss in the spaghetti when it's boiling.
While all that's cooking grab a couple slices of Italian bread and smear butter on top.
Sprinkle with garlic powder.
Place in toaster oven.
Grate a pile of Parmesan cheese.
Take bread back out of toaster oven. put some cheese on it and put it back in. :bangin:
Cook pasta to desired doneness. Just past al dente for me.
Hit toaster start button when pasta is done.
Drain pasta.
Put pasta on plate.
Cover pasta with seat of pants sauce.
Sprinkle with lots of crushed red pepper.
Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Take bread out of toaster and put on plate.
Take it all to the table with a fork and napkin.
Don't forget your beverage.;)
Enjoy.:yum:

Kay and I got a take and bake pepperoni pizza from Costco. It was so big we had to cut it in half! Which was good as it was the perfect amount and we have another half for another night.

Mmm...your pork tenderloin looks good CG. I love the char on the roasted carrots. :yum:

Zagut, I enjoyed reading about your dinner - it sounds great. I'm craving spaghetti and garlic bread now. :yum: Many times those throw together dinners turn out the best!

Back
Top Bottom