What's on your plate Thursday 6/28/2018?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Tentative plans are Sheppard's/Cottage Pie for dinner. But plans change ... OFTEN.

Dragonfruit & blueberries this morning. Undecited dinner!

39817-albums933-picture7490.jpg
[/IMG]

Change of plans went grocery shopping. DD and hub decided they wanted Taco Bell. I got a Power Bowl and gave most of it to hub.

Pretty sure dinner is going to be in the spaghetti family, maybe penne pasta. Kicked up jarred sauce, sausage and salad on the side.

SO discovered a container of sauerkraut soup in the freezer. Inexplicably, on this rainy muggy day, she wants soup and bread for dinner tonight. Who am I to question her choices? She chose me after all.

Off to a special Chinese dinner @ daughter and SIL's.

Special because there was a Chinese restaurant which my family and SIL's family ( long before daughter and SIL met) both frequented. SIL's mom was very close to the owners of that restaurant. SIL's mom is visiting here now..

After the owners retired they passed on recipes to SIL's mom and every once in a while we gather to cook and reminisce about that restaurant and family..

Should be fun and tasty.. :yum:

Ross

Sounds like a special meal tonight, Ross. Enjoy!

Andy, the lady has good taste in men. I've never had sauerkraut soup, however, so I can't make a call on soup choices.

Dragonfruit & blueberries this morning...
That is so colorful. I've wanted to try dragon fruit, but they charge something like $6 for one piece of fruit. Yikes!

We'll be having chicken-something. I have old-fashioned breasts with skin and bones for a recipe I need to make a rub for. If I get the rub make, I should be good to go. OTOH, I could just pull some blended stuff from my well-stocked spice drawer and cupboard and save myself the trouble. :D Lazy, lazy day around here...

SIL is still tied up in his class, so we took dinner to daughter and the grandkids (although granddaughter isn't eating much real food yet). Slow cooker Italian meatballs (easily transportable), served with penne pasta, green salad. Daughter's favorite part? "Mommy doesn't have to cook!".

So much for a lazy day

Ended up making the new chicken recipe I wanted to try, "Sheet Pan Greek Chicken with Roasted Potatoes". It's from Southern Living, so I knew it would be good - and it was! I'll make it again when the weather is cool again. With the weather swings this year, that could be in just a couple of weeks! Sides were all roasted in the oven along with the chicken tray: Brussels sprouts, asparagus, and red and green grapes. All yummy. :yum:

Attachments

• 20180628_215356.jpg
    20180628_215356.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 122

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom