What's on your plate Wednesday 9/1/10?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For an early lunch I just fixed a Glazed Carrot and Brussel Sprout... thing.

I cleaning out the 'fridge, used two carrots and half a package of Brussel Sprouts, used a mandolin to cut the carrots into medallions, then knife cut the sprouts into halves. I fried the flat face of the sprouts in butter until caramelized, added the carrots, water and a heavy dose of Worcestershire sauce, covered and steamed. In another pot I made a butter, brown sugar, water and corn starch glaze, which I added during serving. It was an impromptu meal that turned out better than expected!

Salmon Cakes
Lemon Pepper Green Beans
Orzo with Tomato, Olive Oil and Basil

Being taken out for our 9th anniversary. Don't know where or what.

Good for you LPB! Hope you enjoy whatever comes your way.
I'm fixing good ole campbells chicken with cream of mushroom soup tonight. Probably served over egg noodles with broccoli for a veg. I'm using thighs instead of breast.

Oh HAPPY Anniversary! Take it slow and easy and enjoy it all.

Its tacos here tonight, and if I get off my lazy arse there will be apple crisp for dessert.

Chicken Enchiladas and Taco Salad without meat. Cheese danish for dessert with coffee.

Thanks, everyone for the wishes! We took some A&W up to the hospital and had our first "family meal" in 3 weeks. Dad said he was honoured to celebrate with us, though I think it was more that he was getting some "real food" for a change LOL!!

Still don't know what we are doing....DH is pretty secretive!

Go enjoy and relax and have a great time!!!!!!

We are having a casserole that is called "Italian Shepherds Pie"

Last edited:
Happy Anniversary Laurie and Tony. Have a great day hugs to dad.Now to keep on topic:LOL: We are having chicken burgers with garlic-rosemary mayo topped with arugula, so thin sliced baby gold fried with onions and garlic, tomatoe slices and sliced peaches and cream for dessert
kades

Last edited:
Flank steak thinly sliced on the bias, fresh mushrooms, onion and fresh garlic pan fried (in cast iron pan), scratch pan gravy made with fond & drippings (butter, flour, gravy master, salt, ground pepper, burgundy wine & beef broth), mashed baby Red & Yukon potatoes (butter, salt, ground pepper & buttermilk added) and steamed fresh green beans.

img_917744_0_cc808b5de4ebd930a51264897a8f5e72.jpg

I have some Idiazabal cheese that I bought to eat by itself, but it's too strong for me. In order to use it up, I put it in a mac'n'cheese tonight. It was good but no better than my usual cheese, at several times the cost.

I have some Idiazabal cheese that I bought to eat by itself, but it's too strong for me. In order to use it up, I put it in a mac'n'cheese tonight. It was good but no better than my usual cheese, at several times the cost.

Oooh! I've done that...but then you did get to use it up!

We drove to the Cape Cod Canal for lunch with friends and I had the biggest fullest lobster roll ever.

For dinner I had some leftover ranch potato salad and a big piece of chocolate pudding cake and homemade vanilla ice cream.

I ate on the run, just had a couple of hot dogs, as all I had time to do was make some cookies for youth group last night.
I tried a recipe I found on o blog online. They were simlar to "Lofthouse". Best copycat one I have found yet!

Back
Top Bottom