What's on your table Thursday, 7-6-17?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
We are having a fusion. Mostly mushroom based dashi, using chicken stock and water, dried mushies, stems and trimmings from the fresh mushrooms, plus a few other things, some mushroom base, and just enough bonita flakes to give it that smokey flavor. Garnishes were fresh shitakis, beech, and some other kind, plus a bit of cabbage that were all stir fried separately. Also had some enokis, but I let the hot broth cook them. Protein was a pork meatball from a Thai book that goes in a soup with glass noodles. I used udon noodles, Craig used glass noodles. Pic to follow.

Nice sea breeze tonight, so I can cook some things inside. Marinated steak tips on the grill, three cheese ravioli from the local pasta shop (sooo good), lettuce and tomato salad.

A little fuzzy but you get the idea.

1ngtjxq-YmGpXR4A-vCPFquzWWRe2UntZa75Us-KzcUpX92IB

So hot here....:( 106F now and supposed to be 112F tomorrow. I made up a batch of http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f11/black-bean-and-corn-salad-92149.html, let it chill this afternoon and had a bowlful for dinner, and will nibble on the rest of it tomorrow.

I saw this salad dressing up in NoCal last week and grabbed it, and was so glad I did. It's delicious. I make the black bean salad so often, and this will come in handy when I have the craving but don't have any cilantro or limes, and just kind of want to take a short cut. :)
img_1517376_0_2f92977fdfb351c5f7b0c33f4662032e.jpg

Peppers and stuff in Ravioli at 36,000 feet somewhere between NYC and San Francisco. It actually didn't suck.

CD

Stuffed peppers, steamed broccoli with Penzeys' Brady Street sprinkles (a freebie!), and baguette. Now we're stuffed.(BTW, that's only 1/4 of the pepper. It was 'uuuuuuge! :LOL: )

Attachments

• 20170706_222815.jpg
    20170706_222815.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 135
Nowhere as hot at my house as you Cheryl, but don't want to overheat the kitchen so I used the grill side burner to pan fry the highly seasoned Costco loin lamb chops and keep the heat out of the kitchen. The chilled leftover grill basket of veggies dressed with TJ's onion/bacon salad dressing was nice on the side.

TB had a grilled pork loin chop (2" thick) with fried rice and raw veggies.

I had some of the rice and the rest of my taco salad from yesterday.

Last night of leftover rib eyes, cucumbers, and had peanut butter crackers instead of pita chips last night. Mixed fruit for dessert.

Back
Top Bottom