What's Tickling your Tastebuds this Tuesday? 01/21/14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KatyCooks

Head Chef
I made a cheesy bake, consisting of steamed veggies: sliced potatoes, celeriac, and carrots, along with cauliflower and broccoli, and there were peas and smoked bacon pieces. All of which were enveloped in a cheese and wholegrain mustard sauce (using cheddar cheese and "Blacksticks Blue").

It's in the oven at the moment so a picture later if it looks okay! :)

And so what is everyone else having?

Last edited by a moderator:
That sounds warming.
I finally polished off the extra crock of gnocchis I made the other night to warm my body up. And for dinner I'm going with tacos to use up the leftover meat I have from last Thursday.

That sounds warming.
I finally polished off the extra crock of gnocchis I made the other night to warm my body up. And for dinner I'm going with tacos to use up the leftover meat I have from last Thursday.

Yep, a comforting "one pot" for a winter's evening! :)

I like tacos. Are they soft or hard shell?

Attachments

• Cheesy Bake.JPG
    Cheesy Bake.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 164
A chicken Caeser salad with homemade dressing. Yes it has raw egg in the dressing.

Yep, a comforting "one pot" for a winter's evening! :)

I like tacos. Are they soft or hard shell?

Definitely hard shells for me. Anything else is just a wrap... or a burrito :LOL:

That casserole looks delcious!

Leftover chicken thighs (coated with mayo then dipped in seasoned panko) and baked.

Cubed mix of potato and yam, fried. Seasonings to be determined at a later time (like when I'm frying them!)

Probably wedge of lettuce with blue cheese dressing.

I have a really annoyingly timed medical appointment at 7pm and can't eat for 4 hours before. :( I have made a spicy carrot and lentil soup which we can have with crusty toasted bread when we finally get home. That should cheer us up!

Need to finish up some leftover chili and some tuna noodle casserole.

That would be very exciting for me. My favorite pasta dish by a mile...
:)
Well, it's not dull or boring. But, no heat, not much meat, dairy. It was pretty darned good. The salad was just lettuce and some thinly sliced red onion with ranch style dressing. He had one serving of that, but felt there was too much fibre to have a second serving.

Steve is putting together some pork/roasted corn Chimichanga's with cheese and guacamole on top after they come out of the oven. I need to start the Mexican rice, and make the green salad.

Back
Top Bottom