"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 08-12-2013, 09:50 PM   #21
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmyap View Post
Sloth. It's our anniversary and we had planned dinner out but then we've decided to be lazy and grill some steaks instead. It feels like too much work to get ready for a dinner out in a nice restaurant. I'm whipping up a potato salad and a green salad for sides. I nice Pinot Grigio is chilling. And we can enjoy it all in our grubbies.
Happy Anniversary, Mmyap!

Doesn't sound like sloth to me,

Old 08-12-2013, 10:16 PM   #22
Master Chef

Quote:
Sloth. It's our anniversary and we had planned dinner out but then we've decided to be lazy and grill some steaks instead. It feels like too much work to get ready for a dinner out in a nice restaurant. I'm whipping up a potato salad and a green salad for sides. I nice Pinot Grigio is chilling. And we can enjoy it all in our grubbies.
Happy anniversary! Glad you could celebrate in comfort!

Old 08-12-2013, 10:24 PM   #23
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabbur View Post
No one has taken up wrath yet.
I can take the wrath one easily. Today we had our management sponsored summer party with entertainment. It was KFC with all the fixings. There was certainly enough to go around. But that wasn't known until at the end. One resident filled up three plates to the hilt, even had his own foil with him, and took them out to his car, then drove off with them. This wasn't a takeout meal. It is only for residents and to be eaten on the premises. Not for your friends and relatives that live elsewhere. Everyone is pi**ed to max. He came back an hour later and when confronted, stated he ate them himself. All three? Does he really think we are all that stupid? But what really was the topper is the men get together and pitch in out of their own pocket to buy the liquor. Had any of the women wanted a drink, there would have been no fuss at all. But this JERK had the nerve to take three beers with him. When he came back, one of the men made him pay for them since he hadn't contributed at all to the liquor pool.

I do the flyers for the bulletin boards. The next one will be for the Christmas Party. At the bottom on the next one will be, "No Take Outs Allowed." And you can be sure we all will be watching this one person in particular. All exits will be guarded.

Anytime there is something going on in the Community Room, there is always food left over. And if you are short on money and taking what is leftover to your apartment, this we all understand. It helps stretch your food dollar. There are some residents who are bedridden and can't make it to the functions. Someone always brings them a dish.

We did have two guests. One was the grandson of a resident. Just how a ten y.o. wants to spend his Saturday afternoon. With a bunch of old folks. She was babysitting. The other was the adult daughter of a resident who has cancer for the second time and is not doing good. We all felt that if her daughter was there, she might try to eat something. Normally we don't allow guests. But we aren't totally heartless.

Yes I had my fill of KFC. More than I should have eaten.
Old 08-13-2013, 02:47 AM   #24
Master Chef

Quote:
Hope you had a happy anniversary mmyap! Being comfortable at dinner is the best present you can have!

Tags
cook, cooking