Who eats Hormels Spam? How do you prepare it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bangbang

Executive Chef
I love this stuff. My dad would fry it for sandwiches when I was a kid. I would use it on fishing and camping trips right out of the can. Try this.......fry slices till slightly crisp.......add a can of pineapple chunks with juice and two tablespoon brown sugar and cook till thickened. Serve with French Toast.

Favorite way to eat the stuff is fried Spam eaten with kimchee, yummm.

Generally prefer SpamLite though.

Hi BangBang,
I eat spam! When I was a kid, we only ate it when we went camping. Now I love to make it for breakfast with, leftover sticky rice from the night before (warmed) crispy fried spam and topped with a fried egg.
Yum yum!

Bangbang said:
I love this stuff. My dad would fry it for sandwiches when I was a kid. I would use it on fishing and camping trips right out of the can. Try this.......fry slices till slightly crisp.......add a can of pineapple chunks with juice and two tablespoon brown sugar and cook till thickened. Serve with French Toast.

Hawaiians would be the best people to ask about SPAM. They love the stuff. Ever see 50 First Dates with Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore?? You'll get the SPAM reference, you can't miss it.

As for me, it's in my hurricane preparedness kit - which might just get used. Ivan is looming and he looks pretty p*ssed off. If we do eat the SPAM, it'll probably be grilled.

one more vote for fried spam sammiches, on rye bread with raw onions and coleman's mustard.
btw, anyone remember the monty python spam skit?

I always associate spam with camping--good for breakfast fried and served on buttered toast. Did y'all know there is a Spam cooking contest somewhere out there?

Buckytom, I remember the Python spam skit (say that fast 10 times), but I don't remember what it consisted of except repeating the "s" word a lot.

I haven't had Spam in ages.. since my grandfather was alive.. He used to fry it in a skillet, then melt cheese over it and have it on toasted bread or a roll.

My Dad used to fry it and make a sandwich with yellow mustard. Actually, it wasn't so bad!

Try this.....

SPAM AND CRANBERRIES & PINEAPPLE

SPAM luncheon meat
Two cups of Cranberries
One can of Pineapple
Prepare a baking dish and pour in the cranberries so the bottom of the dish is covered.
Slice the SPAM and arrange the slices to cover the cranberries
Pour the juice from the can of pineapple over the SPAM
Spread the slices of pineapple over the SPAM
Bake until the cranberries have all opened.

Grind it in a meat grinder, or in a food processor, with 3 or 4 sweet pickles. Mix in just enough Miracle Whip to moisten and bind it all together. Use for sandwiches. This is good stuff!

:) Barbara

SPAM

:?: Not my quote but an excellent one: spam is bad e-mail and bad food no matter what you do to it. The best thing is to not open the can. I know there are those of you who like it, but I am not one of them. My sister-in-law did as my brother loved it. She would skore the top creating those little triangles into which she would shove a whole clove in the center of each triangle. She made a glaze of the juices coming our of the can, pineapple juice, powdered mustard. SHe would also grill the pineapple slices and serve on the same platter. They loved it. I ate at my home that night.

green.gif
:roll: GO DUCKS

Spam fried rice.

Fried sliced Spam sandwiches.

Crispy fried thin sliced Spam for breakfast.

Teriyaki Spam.

Fried Spam and Eggs.

Deep fried Spam and fishcake balls (grind Spam and mix with raw fishcake)

Spam strips simmered in bbq sauce with onions.

Spam Katsu. Spam covered with panko, deep fried, dipped in teriyaki or katsu sauce.

LOL@spam pizza.. now there's a new one...

PIZZA, you can do anything with it.. even top it with spam.. lol

Back
Top Bottom