"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking > Road Food
Old 03-25-2007, 05:07 PM   #11
Yes, Toots, we are really going to the Le Mans race! It will be my fourth time, and my husband has been one more time than I have. My waistline is always a tribute to the good food and wine (oh my gosh, the cheese) when I return home.... I never quite shed the pounds I gained last year and here it is coming 'round again. That's what I love about France - I don't think we've ever had a bad meal there. And the food at the track in the GM hospitality center on work days is also first rate. We all eat together - drivers, crew, upper level GM dignitaries (IOW everyone there on GM's "payroll") and their families - and the chef has been excellent.

No need to start "training" for wine consumption here - we have it with dinner most nights and I don't think I drank any more in France than I do at home. With the exception of the day we went to the Cassisium in Burgundy last year ... yum ... they were very generous in the tasting room. Thankfully my husband was "designated driver", LOL.

You and your husband must go to the Le Mans race someday. It's truly magical at night.

On the beautiful Monterey Bay, Calif. Life outside the kitchen
Franca is offline   Reply With Quote

france, le mans