Oak & Rye (Los Gatos, CA)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Important Elements

Assistant Cook
Guys,

As a huge pizza addict like many of you, I cant sleep much until I find that perfect pizza place around me. Living in the Bay Area gives us some nice options as far as the pie goes. Especially lately, I've been seeing a bunch of pizza places pop up.

Nothing, and I mean nothing gets me more excited than the good ol fashioned Italian style wood burning oven. Used by cavemen 10,000 years ago, its still baking smoky, cheesy, leopard spotty pizzas today.

One place in beautiful Los Gatos, California I stumbled upon the other day is, Oak and Rye. Not only is it an awesome name for a pizza place, but they do make very good Neapolitan style beauties.

The way I test my perfect pizza is easy. I order a margherita pizza.

5 simple ingredients on the pizza = L O V E

San Marzano Tomatoes crushed, Fresh Mozarella, Basil, Seasalt, and Olive Oil

Thats it !

Oak wood fire flames licking the dough in 80 seconds, BAM !

Pizza I can write home about.

Strongly recommended when you are in the South Bay of California, stop by Oak and Rye.

A second pizza we got was a spicy calabrian style sausage with honey basil oil. Very good for sure.

Their wood burning oven
5FuK66o.jpg

margherita
9T3BgQ4.jpg

Spicy Sausage and sweet basil oil
9nbd7Yf.jpg

My standard measurement for a pizza place is the pepperoni pizza. Most often we find ourselves making it at home. Right now there is only one place close by called the Sicilian Oven, that has wood fired ovens and to my knowledge isn't a chain. Luckily we have some outdoor equipment that can get into the 900F range, using hardwood charcoal and wood.

Back
Top Bottom