Quick Tuna Macaroni Salad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Juliev

Washing Up
I have made this before. Sounds weird, but it's good.

1 (7 1/4 oz) pkg Kraft Mac-n-cheese
1 (6 1/8 oz) can tuna, drained
4 hard boiled eggs
5 tbsp mayo
1/4 cup chopped dill pickles

Cook macaroni/cheese dinner according to directions. Add tuna, eggs, mayo, and pickles; mix well. Refrigerate.

I've made something similar to this (I cook mac noodles but don't add the cheese packet). I add diced celery for some crunch, and if my step son is not eating, I add a whole bunch of ground black or white pepper & powdered garlic to add some zing to it. :)

I make this similar to how JulieV makes it with minor exceptions. In place of relish I put canned peas and I serve this over a bed of lettuce. Good make ahead meal especially in the summer.

I can't tell you how happy I am to join this site. I have been looking for 4 months for this recipe!!! My Great Aunt used to make it and we loved it but I couldn't remember how to do it.
Thanks so much!!!:)

noodoo said:
I can't tell you how happy I am to join this site. I have been looking for 4 months for this recipe!!! My Great Aunt used to make it and we loved it but I couldn't remember how to do it.
Thanks so much!!!:)
Well welcome noodoo,
I'm happy you've found what you wanted so quickly..Please come visit often..There are many helpful people here, who will be happy to help you out.
kadesma:)

Sounds good to me...I like cold mac and cheese anyway. In fact, I like cold tuna casserole.
Sometimes for lunch, I whip up a packet of easy mac and add half a can or so of tuna. (A whole can is too much for one packet, but the cats are happy to finish off the rest.)

Back
Top Bottom