Bakechef's Getting Married!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bakechef

Executive Chef
Here's the thread that some have requested!

Today our wonderful friends threw us a wedding shower. It was fantastic, had over 30 people show up! They rented a space, made food and set up games. We're honored to have such great friends.

Here are a few pics of the event.

I'm the bald one in case anyone was wondering!

Here we are opening gifts, this is pretty much the expression that my partner has on his face all the time, :LOL:
Presents.jpg

Can you guess what's in the wrapping paper?
shower+pan.jpg

Our color inspiration was peacocks, our friend has wild ones roaming through her yard. One of the hostess made this for us, she loves to do sculptures, this was totally awesome! Peacocks have kind of taken over the wedding as a theme, thanks to my other half... I didn't realize that they are now trendy!
peacock+statue.JPG

She also made these!
lolipop.JPG

Here is the pan that was under the wrapping paper, from our registry.
Pan.JPG

Ramekins! Also from our registry!
Ramikens.JPG

A beautiful gift of flowers
flowers.JPG

And finally, rainbow fruit kabobs,! How appropriate.
IMG_20130811_144621.jpg

There was lots more food, but we were so busy socializing that I didn't get any more pictures.

Awww!!! Sweetness!

I'm so thrilled for you, BC!!! :bounce:

Lovely shower, and so glad you're including us, your DC family, in what we know is such an important and wonderful life event! {{{hugs}}} for you both! :wub:

Last edited:
Congratulations! Sounds like it was a really lovely day for you both! :flowers:

And you had some really great gifts. ;)

Congratulations, Bakechef! Now admit it, you wanted to do this so you could register for lots of cool things for your kitchen. The countdown begins!

Thanks Everyone!

here are our invitations, hand made by my cousin! She used peacock feather stamps to create these. She made all of the interlocking hearts individually.

SG1L0367.JPG

SG1L0372.JPG

Congratulations, Bakechef! Now admit it, you wanted to do this so you could register for lots of cool things for your kitchen. The countdown begins!

Yes definitely! Bad part was, over the years I've been collecting and upgrading stuff for the kitchen, so we have almost everything we need, I had to turn off the practical part of my brain and scan stuff that I wanted, even if it was a little frivolous!

This is great!

You may have to do the ceremony in Maine and then another performance for the folks back home!

It's plain to see that you guys are truly loved by your friends and family!

Yes definitely! Bad part was, over the years I've been collecting and upgrading stuff for the kitchen, so we have almost everything we need, I had to turn off the practical part of my brain and scan stuff that I wanted, even if it was a little frivolous!

(pssst, Bakechef, remember the gas grill....)

I don't know what to say. This evening we received a gift card from Chef's catalog from members here at DC. I'm not sure that you will ever know how much this means to us. To not only have friends accept your relationship, but treat it with equal respect is an amazing feeling, and one that we are still getting used to.

We are truly humbled by this gift. The love we've been shown today is awesome.

Thank you.

Mike and Rob

There are those who do not agree with same sex marriages. My brother is gay. I would love it if he were to find someone with whom to share his life--I would embrace the relationship and his partner with an open heart. He has not come out to my parents because he knows our father's attitude about homosexuality. My heart breaks for my brother that he has to live a secret life. He has been my best friend since I was born--he is 15 months older than I am. Bakechef, your family and friends (including those of us on DC) embrace the two of you as family. Treasure them--they are very dear and love the two of you for the people you are and do not judge you because of your sexual orientation. I mean no offense, and I hope none is taken that I've written that we on DC know you are gay and that there are some that don't like it. I truly wish the two of you many years of happiness. Wish I could come to the wedding! It promises to be a great celebration of your love (and the love of family and friends). And that is, IMO, what weddings are all about. Everyone deserves to share their lives w/ s/one they love. I "stalk" a high school friend on facebook--she and her partner had a lovely baby boy in March--love checking for new photos as he grows. I am waiting to see if they get married now that same-sex marriages are allowed in MN. BTW, did you include a sous vide machine in the registry?

Last edited:
There are those who do not agree with same sex marriages. My brother is gay. I would love it if he were to find someone with whom to share his life--I would embrace the relationship and his partner with an open heart. He has not come out to my parents because he knows our father's attitude about homosexuality. My heart breaks for my brother that he has to live a secret life. He has been my best friend since I was born--he is 15 months older than I am. Bakechef, your family and friends (including those of us on DC) embrace the two of you as family. Treasure them--they are very dear and love the two of you for the people you are and do not judge you because of your sexual orientation. I mean no offense, and I hope none is taken. I truly wish the two of you many years of happiness. Wish I could come to the wedding! It promises to be a great celebration of your love (and the love of family and friends). And that is, IMO, what weddings are all about. BTW, did you include a sous vide machine in the registry?

Thank you so much for the kind words.

I've always known that I was lucky to have the family that I do. Shortly after coming out at 28 years old, my dad told me "the only thing that bothers me is that you waited so long, you could have been happier, there was a spark that you lost somewhere along the way, and now it's back" I'm a believer in things happening for a reason. The timing for this was right.

Interesting story. When I was still in the closet, I was shopping at the outlet mall near where I lived. I was approached by a very friendly guy with really ugly glasses, he was flirting with me, and being closeted, I was a little freaked out. Fast forward about 5 years, I'm out and attending a LGBT games night at a local church with a friend. I meet this really funny, outgoing and goofy guy and we hit it off, spend hours that evening talking outside. We start a relationship. While visiting him at his apartment he says, check out these glasses, they're really ugly, my mom picked them out (his sight is so bad he can't see when trying on glasses). He puts them on... I instantly put 2 and 2 together and realize that HE was the one flirting with me at the outlet store, he was the manager! The rest is history, and 9 years later he puts those glasses on to torment me :LOL: See 5 years earlier, neither one of us was in the right place in our lives to get together. Over those 5 years we realized that even though we both moved twice, we were always in the same neighborhood.

No sous vide on the registry!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom