Help! Need banquet idea for entree

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amber

Executive Chef
I need ideas for an entree. This is for a banquet for high school kids end of season field hockey get together. I think most kids like chicken, and my first thought was spicy hot boneless chicken tenders or something like that. Thoughts please?

Details, please, does it need to be finger food or is it a sit-down sort of do? Forks/knives/spoons/napkins? I have some ideas but need to know what sort of setting it is.

lindatooo said:
Details, please, does it need to be finger food or is it a sit-down sort of do? Forks/knives/spoons/napkins? I have some ideas but need to know what sort of setting it is.

I'll have to find out, not sure if it's finger foods or sit down banquet. I happened upon this note on my daughters bed about this event, for which she has yet to tell me about. So I assume she will ask me to make something. For this event, seeing as I have no idea, I guess finger foods for this age group?

OK, just give me your best shots for finger foods, and sit-down foods please, for this age group and their parents. Not an easy scenario to please both age groups.

Last edited:
I think the chicken is a great idea, as it seems to always be a crowd pleaser!
What about chicken croquettes? It's close enough to a chicken nugget for high schoolers to like, but is still a nice finger food for the parents.

If it's a fork-and-knife thing, how about chicken parmesan? You could make it with chicken tenders (breaded or not) or whole breasts (places like Costco have bulk bags of frozen pre-grilled breasts that are pretty good). That's something that pretty much everyone likes.

Hmm dishes that would appeal to both. What about beef or chicken wellington, brocolli and mashed (more for the kids) or roasted potatoes. Fettucine Alfredo is an easy one (or linguine and clams), caprese salad and parmesan garlic toast. Let us know if you're interested in appys or meal ideas. :)

Back
Top Bottom