"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Special Events Planning & Holiday Cooking

Old 12-14-2014, 06:17 AM   #21
Chef Extraordinaire

Wow, What a feast. Don't you just love it when everyone else is some ethnic group and you are like a sore finger. Preferably the middle one. Being Native American and English, I have been know to just get up and walk out when they start yapping in Italian as if you are blind and not even there.

My daughter stuffs her squid. Have you ever had it? It is a big favorite of Italians. My daughter stuffs hers. I help her clean them getting off the outer skin and removing the glass like piece of plastic that is often called a bone. After that she is on her own. They are a lot of work.

To answer your question, if it is seven products that live in the water, fresh or salt, it is considered Seven Fishes.

Old 12-14-2014, 04:03 PM   #22
Head Chef

Location: The Gateway to the Grand Canyon, wishing I was back home in Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Wow, What a feast. Don't you just love it when everyone else is some ethnic group and you are like a sore finger. Preferably the middle one. Being Native American and English, I have been know to just get up and walk out when they start yapping in Italian as if you are blind and not even there.

My daughter stuffs her squid. Have you ever had it? It is a big favorite of Italians. My daughter stuffs hers. I help her clean them getting off the outer skin and removing the glass like piece of plastic that is often called a bone. After that she is on her own. They are a lot of work.

To answer your question, if it is seven products that live in the water, fresh or salt, it is considered Seven Fishes.
Hmmm, I can't say that I've ever felt "like a sore finger" before Addie, we all blend pretty well, in all the groups.

As for stuffed squid:yeah, we've tried them and had to take a Benadryl real quick like.
So that's why I'm serving Ham for Christmas supper

Old 12-15-2014, 07:47 AM   #23
Head Chef

Going to my daughters on the 17th for her 35th bday and after we have a bday dinner we are going to switch to Christmas as my grandsons will be with their dad on Christmas. Christmas eve at my parents for the big family celebration, Im one of 8 all but one married, 15 grand children and their spouses, 16 great grandchildren, some aunts and uncles, neighbors etc. everyone brings a dish lots of food and fun.
Then Christmas just me and hubbie relaxing and having a roast beef dinner.
Old 12-15-2014, 10:18 AM   #24
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneohegirlinaz View Post
Hmmm, I can't say that I've ever felt "like a sore finger" before Addie, we all blend pretty well, in all the groups.

As for stuffed squid:yeah, we've tried them and had to take a Benadryl real quick like.
So that's why I'm serving Ham for Christmas supper
My daughter has also learned not to cook seafood dishes if she expects me for a holiday dinner. Ham also. A very safe food for me.
Old 12-15-2014, 10:09 PM   #25
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by letscook View Post
Going to my daughters on the 17th for her 35th bday and after we have a bday dinner we are going to switch to Christmas as my grandsons will be with their dad on Christmas. Christmas eve at my parents for the big family celebration, Im one of 8 all but one married, 15 grand children and their spouses, 16 great grandchildren, some aunts and uncles, neighbors etc. everyone brings a dish lots of food and fun.
Then Christmas just me and hubbie relaxing and having a roast beef dinner.
Thats sounds like lots of fun!
On Christmas Eve I am making a roast too! First wanted to make a turkey, then decided why not try a roast this year. Either way we will be having a turkey at Nunna for Christmas lunch.

Tags
christmas