"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Special Events Planning & Holiday Cooking
Old 12-03-2005, 09:26 PM   #11
I have twelve people in my family, so spaghetti with french bread and a salad is pretty easy. Tacos, and Burritos are easy too (if you make soft tacos). Anything else I can help with?

Old 12-04-2005, 08:57 PM   #12
Sweet and sour meatballs are always a favorite here. The sweet and sour mixture is very easy. 1:1:1

1 part sugar
1 part water
1 part vinegar

I put some grape jelly in it once....wow... it was incredible. Cheap as **** too. You can searve this wish egg noodles.

I love to cook with wine... sometimes it even gets in the food

Michael Schaap
Michael_Schaap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 05:28 PM   #13
Master Chef
I don't know if you're still looking in to see what was posted, but someone may be. I love the boeuf bourgongion and roasted chicken suggestions. With the latter, I "stuff" the chicken with a half lemon and entire head of garlic (broken up, but don't bother to peel) before cooking. I serve traditional sides if my guests are timid, if they aren't I make up some couscous (very easy and cheap; buy Near East brand in any flavor and follow instructions) and a cucumber/yogurt salad.

I have two chili recipes I use for larger parties, and neither is anything 99% of the world would expect. One is a New Mexico Green Chili recipe (and I always have to call my cousin's widow when I make it, since it is her recipe, so we sit down to a long chat) that I make for my summer party, and Cincinatti chili (also known as Greek spaghetti sauce in some parts of the country) for my holiday party. People who don't like chili are amazed. I always warn novices to "suspend" their preconcieved notions of chili and have a bowl.

Claire is offline   Reply With Quote