Dinner for Sept. 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's way too hot to cook. I had marinated kale salad that i made the night before, tuna from the can, plus some macaroni and cheese from the freezer. DH got leftovers from a meeting - a pastrami sandwich with pickles.

I notice a LOT of posts here about the temperature in the USA being really hot!
Are you folk going through a heatwave? I hope you are all safe and looking forward to a change of season.

I notice a LOT of posts here about the temperature in the USA being really hot!
Are you folk going through a heatwave? I hope you are all safe and looking forward to a change of season.
Yesterday, I got up and the house was 64F...so, I turned the thermostat to allow the heat to come on. It has been limited to AC for a number of months now. But, I'm in the north...south has some days/weeks/months to go in heat.

Most times it probably doesn't matter. But it's the dish that is the deciding factor. In this case the searing added some umami from the actual sear on the meat. One has to think about if the want a boil meat taste which can unexpectantly happen.

I was shocked when I discovered many people pressure cook ribs - or keep them in a slow cooker (depending on the timing schedule). Then finish them off on the grill. I have had them a couple of times done like that from home cooks and it was OK!

Once having a hankering for some ribs, took my son to a steak house, known for their ribs. What a disappointment! First I had to scrape gobs and gobs of BBQ Sauce off, when I finally got to the meat - it tasted boiled! An expensive experience. Luckily my son enjoyed his steak!
A slow cooker is how I always do my ribs. That way I can just pull the bones out of them and eat the meat without getting all messy.

I never have my ribs with sauce, I only use a dry rub. Baked in the oven for about 1 and a half hours, maybe 2 depending on the rack.
Yeah, my fingers get greasy but not drowning in yucky goo.

I never have my ribs with sauce, I only use a dry rub. Baked in the oven for about 1 and a half hours, maybe 2 depending on the rack.
Yeah, my fingers get greasy but not drowning in yucky goo.
:ROFLMAO:
That's how I feel about most bbq sauce. And, it's almost always sweet. :ermm:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom