"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Special Events Planning & Holiday Cooking

Old 09-14-2013, 03:37 PM   #461
Executive Chef

Yea Addie. I know what you mean. And somehow my shirt front seems to pick up a stray souvenir every time I eat one. They are really good.

Vikings play Chicago tomorrow, it's on my list of game time "maybies" except I'm not craving dogs right now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	chicago hot dog.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	18627  

Old 09-14-2013, 04:12 PM   #462
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskadoodle View Post
Yea Addie. I know what you mean. And somehow my shirt front seems to pick up a stray souvenir every time I eat one. They are really good.

Vikings play Chicago tomorrow, it's on my list of game time "maybies" except I'm not craving dogs right now.
Well, one of their redemptions is that the bun opens at the top and not the side.

Old 09-15-2013, 12:04 PM   #463
Master Chef

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Cook View Post
Please sir, what is that thing in your photo that looks like a warty cucumber? And what do you do with it? (Perhaps I shouldn't have asked that)
That is the stock photo of that particular knife from a sales site. That said someone in our community garden grows them and i believe it is called bitter melon.

We had a late breakfast today (was out late on the boat so we slept in) and I have wings thawing on the counter. Won't get them done before the game starts but that is ok.

Kathleen is currently making some salsa from the tomatoes and jalapenos we picked from the garden this morning.
Old 09-15-2013, 12:09 PM   #464
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankZ View Post
That is the stock photo of that particular knife from a sales site. That said someone in our community garden grows them and i believe it is called bitter melon.

We had a late breakfast today (was out late on the boat so we slept in) and I have wings thawing on the counter. Won't get them done before the game starts but that is ok.

Kathleen is currently making some salsa from the tomatoes and jalapenos we picked from the garden this morning.
Frank, I checked Costco yesterday and they now have the fresh chicken wings. Six to a pack and six packs in a sales unit. Around 10 pounds of wings for $2.19/Lb. I either missed them before or they are a recent addition. I'll be picking some up soon. They are portioned perfectly for SO and me and they look to be all the roughly the same size. Thanks for reminding me.
Old 09-15-2013, 12:17 PM   #465
Master Chef

Site Administrator

No worries Andy.

We also like the 6x4 packs of thighs since we prefer them to breasts.
Old 09-15-2013, 12:52 PM   #466
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankZ View Post
No worries Andy.

We also like the 6x4 packs of thighs since we prefer them to breasts.
We do as well. Bought some thighs yesterday.
Old 09-22-2013, 09:19 AM   #467
Master Chef

Site Administrator

Today the Browns head to MN even though their best player went to the Colts. Still scratching my head over that trade....

Anyways, we have something to do early this afternoon so I get to miss my first game in years. No tailgating for me today. I might grab something on the way home to work up for the game tonight (Kathleen's Bears play tonight).

So who's got something planned for the tail gate?
Old 09-22-2013, 09:36 AM   #468
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Shrek's Broncos are playing tomorrow night. Steelers are playing to night and he was "Meh" about it. Although I am sure the tv will be on football all day. Good day for cleaning out the pantry.
Old 09-28-2013, 07:19 PM   #469
Master Chef

Site Administrator

Tomorrow we are back at it after having prior commitments last week. Yeah, it was kind of ironic we got our first win of the year during the first game I have missed in several years.

We have then Bengals this week, but we are at home. Division games always mean the level is taken up a bit.

I have some pork ribs rubbed up and sitting in the fridge. Gonna get them started early tomorrow and smoke em right slow.

Corn and a salad to go with is the plan, though I might pop over to the garden and see if any of those eggplants are ready yet. If so there is grilled eggplant too.

Anyone already know what you are tailgating with?
Old 09-28-2013, 07:35 PM   #470
Chef Extraordinaire

For PPPC-II is will be Cincinnati chili here! Yummers. I've been looking forward to this and Thursday's Buffalo game since preseason, lol.