Tailgating Sundays!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The decision was made yesterday, we went to Costco and picked up two of their packs of wings. Everyone seems to proud of them lately, can you believe wings are $2.19/lb AND that is the good price? Sheesh...

I cut them all all (72 wings) and then vacuum packed 4 packs with 14 wings and have 16 in the over for today.

How are you celebrating opening Sunday tailgating?

Going for a walk in the rain and then making apple cinnamon pancakes...

The Patriots are playing the lowly Bills of Buffalo. I have my remote set to switch back and forth between the Patriots game and the Red Sox game. The Sox are playing the Hated Yankees (The Evil Empire) and I'm loving the fact that we have destroyed them three games in a row since Thursday.

We're having burgers on the grill, tater tots and a salad.

The Patriots are playing the lowly Bills of Buffalo. I have my remote set to switch back and forth between the Patriots game and the Red Sox game. The Sox are playing the Hated Yankees (The Evil Empire) and I'm loving the fact that we have destroyed them three games in a row since Thursday.

We're having burgers on the grill, tater tots and a salad.

And I am hoping that we destroyed their morale with their three losses and today will make it a fourth victory for us. :angel:

...we went to Costco and picked up two of their packs of wings...

WE have been buying the huge bags of frozen wings from Costco. The price is right. I've noticed the wing sizes vary from small to very small. Our Costco doesn't carry fresh wings.

Our Costco doesn't carry fresh wings.

Outrage!

These come 6 to a "fridge to freezer" pack and 6 sets of those.

This makes short work of cutting up those wings. Even when I miss the joint and hit bone. I really pay attention to where my fingers are, or I might end up with the nickname "Three finger hob"

Img537.jpg

Outrage!

This makes short work of cutting up those wings. Even when I miss the joint and hit bone. I really pay attention to where my fingers are, or I might end up with the nickname "Three finger hob"

Img537.jpg

Can't see the image.

Last meal of wings I bought a tray of wings at the supermarket, saved the tips for stock and grilled the sections. They came out good and were uniform in size and bigger.

Outrage!

Img537.jpg

I thought that WAS your nickname...:mrgreen:

Today's tail gate splurge is an experiment I saw on a recent food blog. Oven Baked Tacos. It's just me and the teevee today. Fine by me.

Make favorite taco filling. I'm using ground beef and my own taco seasons. Stir in a can of drained black or pinto beans. It the mix is too dry, add a little salsa. Line up some Soft corn tortillas in a baking dish. Fill. They are supposed to balance each other and sit up. Add cheese. Bake 10 mins or so at 400. The idea is the edges will get crispy like a hard taco and the under sides will still be soft and chewy. I think these want to be made right before eating, so's not to get soggy. Top with more salsa ( i made fresh salsa yesterday, and guac and sour cream and anything else you like on a taco.

I made sqweezed lemonade (TART) and add sparky water to top it off. Festive.

Outrage!

Img537.jpg

Nice looking blade. I use a kitchen scissors to cut between the wing joints. I have all my digits.

Last edited:
I use my chef's knife in a regular, tip of the knife on the board, downward stroke. I don't chop with it.

I've snipped through the bone as well. It looks like a small white sea shell left attached by cartilage. I make sure I pull it off so I don't run into it later when I'm eating.

I've snipped through the bone as well. It looks like a small white sea shell left attached by cartilage. I make sure I pull it off so I don't run into it later when I'm eating.
That's what I do to but I still remember where I put them in the pan so I don't get them ... it queases me out when I nick the bone. A shears may be a better option ... :rolleyes:

Didn't we have this ketchup-on/off-a-dog discussion before? Clearly you men are very confused about the subject - Dijon and sauerkraut (and maybe some melted Swiss) are the ONLY condiments that should accompany said hot dog.
:cool::rolleyes:
Oh dear, will I be refused entrance to the Americas because I like onions, tomato ketchup AND mustard on my hot dogs (at the same time)? Please, Miss, it is American mustard. :yum:;)

Oh dear, will I be refused entrance to the Americas because I like onions, tomato ketchup AND mustard on my hot dogs (at the same time)? Please, Miss, it is American mustard. :yum:;)

I think you only need to stay out of British Columbia...Laurie might get you with her cane.:LOL:

Don't be dismayed. You should see what they do to a hot dog in Chicago? You almost can't even find the hot dog when they get through dousing it with toppings. Looks more like a chef's salad than a hot dog on a bun. And we let them stay in the country. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom