Breakfast Cookies or Muffins?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Burnt_Toast

Assistant Cook
I find that I am either too lazy or in too much of a rush to eat breakfast in the morning. I usually buy something on the way. However, I want to try to eat a bit healthier. I was wondering if breakfast oatmeal cookies are actaully healthy to eat everyday or maybe some sort of breakfast muffin? I would like to find something I can make on Sunday night and last me through the week.

What do you think?

By the way nice forum redesign.

Cookies are not healthy, even if they are oatmeal cookies. They are a snack and one that you should limit at that. For muffins it depends on what kind. Some are not horrible for you while others are loaded with sugar.

Depends on what is in your "cookies." Another thread was looking at home made protein bars...
Drastically limit the sugar, use not just oatmeal, but put in wheat germ, use whole grain flour, nuts, seeds, etc. You end up with a dense, chewy "cookie."

I was thinking of trying this with scones, making a goodness loaded breakfast scone to grab and go. Of course scones have a lot of butter. Maybe biscuits.

I would look at home made granola bars with dried fruits or muffins, there are a lot of recipes for muffins, they are fairly easy to make and you can vary the ingredients so you do get bored with same one every week.

There are specific Breakfast cookie recipes. They often use applesauce and oatmeal or crushed cornflakes in them. I have a couple that I can try to find for you if you like.

There are specific Breakfast cookie recipes. They often use applesauce and oatmeal or crushed cornflakes in them. I have a couple that I can try to find for you if you like.
Please do post those. This is the first I have heard of anything like that. That could make breakfast time easier around here ;)

Its probably just me, but I would not eat those for breakfast. The only sugars I let my kids or me have for breakfast would be from fruits or on the rare occasion, syrup.

I find that I am either too lazy or in too much of a rush to eat breakfast in the morning. I usually buy something on the way. However, I want to try to eat a bit healthier. I was wondering if breakfast oatmeal cookies are actually healthy to eat everyday or maybe some sort of breakfast muffin? I would like to find something I can make on Sunday night and last me through the week.

What do you think?

By the way nice forum redesign.

there are plenty of healthy muffin recipes out there. i use splenda instead of sugar, sub some oil for applesauce, add some sort of fruit. blueberries, or what ever. even thinly sliced apples. they taste very good and i think are good for you :chef:

Its probably just me, but I would not eat those for breakfast. The only sugars I let my kids or me have for breakfast would be from fruits or on the rare occasion, syrup.

You're kidding right? No sugar at all? What kind of monster are you???? ;)

Each cookie has about 16 calories from sugar (thats on the high end) took me a while to find the nutritional breakdown. We used to make these for a breakfast snack when I worked in before school care.

lol you guys are funny.
Yes I wanted to make healthy breakfast cookies with oatmeal and some edible grain. I just wanted some opinion if this is actaully healthy. I would rather go this root then eat nothing at all in the mornings. I wasn't sure if a cookie could actually be healthy. In any case I have given up sugar so I won't mind the taste. After years of not eatting sugar everyday, everything taste sweet. I don't evern use the sugar substitutes that would be cheating. LoL.
Thanks I gonna give this a try and see how it works out.

I usually go for cereals in the morning. But if were to choose cookies or muffin, I'd choose the latter. :)

Its probably just me, but I would not eat those for breakfast. The only sugars I let my kids have for breakfast would be the kind that they boiled from the 100s of gallons of sap I make them gather in the maple grove in their bare feet on sharp gravel while I sit in my deer stand shooting at them with a paint ball gun.

I am the mean daddy ;)

Wow, you are mean.

It really depends...

Yah they were all right..it really depends there are some cookies that are baked from nutritious ingredients while other muffins are not and vise versa.. however for me it is muffins that is much healthier than the cookies...
You can consider either of the following:
1. peanut butter muffins (one of my favorite :LOL:)
2. banana muffins (the smell was so great i love this)
3. Bran muffins

hohoho i really love all of these... :chef:

but cookies are easier on the go... you can stash them in a bag and they hold up well.
How about a cracker recipe with whole grains and seeds?

Back
Top Bottom