Have you exercised today? Accountability thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I keep saying that I want to lose weight and all I do each day is eat. I do go swimming everyday but I really have to eat healthy and stop ordering foods from my market online. The things that I order are definitely not for a person who wants to lose weight.

Jill and Jolie

I bought a treadmill from Sears and the few times I used it were really hard.
One day I fell off and broke my wrist.

I called Sears and told them what had happened and it was in perfect condition. I had a year to pay it off so I didn't owe them any money.

Finally after many phone calls to the head of the department they came and picked up the treadmill and said that they were going to use it as a demo and they were very sorry for what happened to me.

I didn't have to pay for it and that was a great relief to me.

Jill and Jolie

I think we should revive this, particularly through the holidays!

I have exercised nearly every day for the past month or so. I was too sick for four days to go spreading my germs around the gym and/or pool, so I Didn't go on those days, and got snowed in to the house for a couple of days (even then I shovelled snow).

I have no yet exercised today but fully intend on going to the gym later to do some speedwork on the treadmill (if I can get the one that goes to 12mph). The plan is to do 1 minute intervals like this:

1st minute: 6mph
2nd minute: 7mph
3: 6
4: 8
5: 6
6: 9
7: 6
8: 10
9: 6
10: 11
11: 6
12: 12 (that's as fast as the treadmill goes)
13: 6
14: 10
15: 6
16: 8
17: 6
18: 10
19: 6
20: 12

And by then, I should be about ready to die, so it won't matter. :LOL:

Well, I didn't go yesterday but did do the workout today. The only treadmill that goes 12mph wasn't free, so I was maxed at 10mph. Did something sorta similar...was a good run. 2.5 miles in 20:05.

During my "Lunch" at work, I climb up and down 100 flights of stairs (the same flight) five nights a week. I can usually do it in about 26-27min. Then I try to get a hike in on the weekend which varies in distance/elevation change depending on where I go. That pretty much keeps me at a stable weight with the amount of food I eat... :LOL:

Then I'll take a quick break later in the day and eat my lunch (usually only takes me 10-15min to chow down a sandwich/chips or some salad with grilled meats and vinaigrette.

2 mile walk...1 down the road...the other back through my property (woods)
7 days a week...rain, shine, hot, cold, whatever. Don't you just love dandelions and mud puddles????

Uncle Bob

Hi Uncle Bob,

Yes, I did exercise today..my husband, son Bob, and I walked up one flight upstairs in the restaurant to have some Chinese Dim sum for lunch..afterwards, we quickly walked back downstairs to the car!..We exercised our legs, mouth, and tummy muscles today for sure!:LOL:

I was out today doing some walking downtown, since I did a little bit of shopping.

I DID go to doctor's appointment as a follow-up to the hospital stay that I had last week. But don't want to overtax myself, as I'm trying to recover from congestive heart failure.

I DO feel my strength returning a little bit. Hopefully I can recover fully from this disease aqnd regain full stength. And I DO feel that I can walk more and more each day!!

Last edited:
I lifted weights 3 pounds in each hand for 5 minutes. Walked down stairs to
let the ducks into the pond (several more stairs to the pond).Walked up stairs to have my oatmeal and coffee. Drove to work...walked in the office back and forth to my printer (on the other side of the building)several times from my computer to the printer. Drove home and up a flight of stairs. No enough exercise. Promise to do more. This is a super tread...

Going to play badminton for one hour and a half this afternoon. I usually play for 3 hours every Saturday.

6 miles today... realized it is getting time to buy new running shoes!!!! Ouch!

Ran 4... hustled 2!

At the moment I'm procrastinating from the treadmill - but not for much longer. I work out 30 minutes to 1 hour everyday. . . ever since my second baby was born 20 years ago. It's a big part of who I am now. Just last week (it's the busy holiday season!) I missed two days in a row. That hasn't happened in months and boy did I feel awful, terribly sluggish etc. etc.

My normal weekly routine includes classes Mon, Weds, Fri, then on Tues and Fri I hike up a very steep hill to read to some shut in friends. Since I threw a big party on Sunday, I skipped my Monday class in favor of aerobic housework. But right now I'm gearing up for the hike this afternoon. I woke with aching ankles & knees, but have worked out the kinks.

I'm now able to walk up stairs a little better than before with a little bit less strain, and I'm not as much out of breath like I was a few weeks ago! Feels like my strength is coming back little by little every day!

I think my heart is beginning to heal itself since it was put back into its normal beat. Still can't try to act like Superman while on the mend, though.

Last edited:
I do a 40 minute Bowflex routine 5-6 mornings/week- I HATE exercising but, I like to eat therefore I must 'flex! We also have a treadmill and stationery bicycle in our workout room which I completely ignore.The Bowflex is the best of the 3 evils for me!!!

I did a little bit more walking today!!

Went to see the cardiologist and got a fairly good report on the heart! Had an EKG done. Heartbeat seems just a tad slow.

She said things seem to be going a little better for me! A slight adjustment in the medicine to kick the heart up a notch because it seems to beat a bit on the slow side.

Other than that, prognosis looks good, and with time and patience, I should be almost back to normal within a few months, hopfully by spring.

Still have to stay within limits though, and can do too much for a while. The key to being able to return to good health is to stay in moderation with walking and walking up stairs and everyday things.

I just found out tonight that the landlord had the same thing just before he had his heart attack last year!! Didn't even know that. But he seems to have healed nicely and is back in good health, though he must take medicine to stay out of danger like me.

Last edited:
Jeez, I haven't been to the gym since Wednesday last week, more than a week! Longest break aside from being on holidays I think...:(
I try to go back tomorrow evening if I feel recovered enough, I have been down with influenza all week and have hardly ate anything, so I need feed myself well to stock up on some NRG and stamina too...

I recently saw an ad for a medicare supplement that not only includes eye exams, but certain exercise classes at some fitness centers. For all of you seniors this could be a great option. Next time I see the ad I'm taking down the name of the plan to give to my gym's manager. There are a lot of folk around here who cannot get around in the winter months. The past couple of years my husband had problems with gout and arthritis. I doubt I'll ever convince him to go to a gym, but for some of you out there, I'll try to remember to update it.

Back
Top Bottom